• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

geez, Davies is insane

chillzatl

I think people are seeing why the Braves told the A's no when the A's asked for Kyle in the Tim Hudson deal. The A's settled for Dan Meyer, who has a 6+ ERA in AAA ball right now.

I think the bats will come around. Kelly Johnson will hit the ball well when he gets acclimated to the environment of being on the big league club. I still believe that Ryan Langerhans will hit when he is getting more regular at bats. Billy McCarty may get called up at some point, and you have to think the Braves will be tempted to bring up Andy Marte at some point.

One change that may need to be made is putting Wilson Betemit in at short stop though. Furcal just isn't hitting, and Wilson has done well in his limited playing time.

Braves offered Furcal 25 million over 3 years this offseason, but he gave them the finger and said he wanted to be paid like Renteria. Well, he's not the SS that Renteria is, and the Braves aren't gonna pay him that way.

He'll be lucky to get 6-7 mil per year with the season he is having. He looked like he was gonna be all-world, but the kid peaked at 21. He posted a .400 on base percentage his first year and he was one of the most patient hitters on the team in his rookie year. Now he just goes up there hacking like he's trying for a home run. He strikes out way too much and he doesn't walk nearly enough for a lead-off man.

With the Braves' tight payroll, Scheurholz will be wise to say ADIOS to Fukey this year. Will he be traded in season? I dunno, but there were big rumors swirling last year that Andruw Jones and Furcal would be packaged in a deal.

One rumor was Garciaparra + Damon for Jones and Furcal. I wish we'd made that deal, b/c Garciaparra would've walked and Damon would be our leadoff man.

• Admin

He's stopped swinging for homers and had been doing a good job at getting on base. This is before he tweaked his shoulder, or whatever it was he did. I think by the end of the season, he'll be where he should be. But yah, he's not worth the money someone will pay him. He's not worth what they paid Renteria. But lets be honest, neither was Renteria!