• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight really does care! *sniff*

Lascar78

I just got a personal email from Billy! Ok, so it's a mass email and I'm sure over half of you got it too, but I figured I'd post it so that those who didn't could see what it has to say.

--------------------

Dear [name],

The 2005 NBA Draft is only two weeks away – on Tuesday, June 28th – and is shaping up to be full of talented players we feel will improve our roster for years to come. The entire Hawks organization is excited to have the 2nd overall pick in the draft, in addition to the 31st and 59th picks as well, and my staff and I are working hard to make sure we get the best players possible to help improve our team.

Many of the highly touted players, such as Utah’s Andrew Bogut, Chris Paul of Wake Forest, Deron Williams of Illinois and North Carolina’s Marvin Williams will be coming into Atlanta, along with several candidates we are considering for the two second round picks, to work out prior to the Draft. Our entire Basketball Operations staff, which includes Head Coach Mike Woodson and his staff, our scouting department and Dominique Wilkins, will take a final look and evaluate each player extensively -- as individuals as well as basketball players.

As you can see, [name] , this is an exciting time to be a part of the Atlanta Hawks and your support is vital to our success. Therefore I am asking for an “assist” from you in these three areas:

Purchase your 2005-06 Hawks Season Tickets today by calling 404-827-DUNK (3865) or visiting our web site at www.hawks.com. Season tickets start at $199 and are a great investment in our future. Buy Now!

Join us at our NBA Draft Party inside Philips Arena on Tuesday, June 28th to find out who will be the new additions to your Atlanta Hawks team. The party will be located in the Philips Experience and the doors open at 6:45pm.

Visit www.hawks.com and enter our “High 5 NBA Draft Sweepstakes” to win great prizes including Season Tickets and lunch or dinner with one of our draft picks.

On behalf of the organization, I want to say “Thank You!” for supporting the Atlanta Hawks. Our ultimate goal is to put a championship-caliber team on the floor that you will Rise Up! and cheer for at Philips Arena, and I look forward to seeing you there for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Billy Knight

Executive Vice President and

General Manager

-----------------------------------

So basically, 2 new things as far as I'm concerned:

-they're officially stating that teh #2 pick will be Bogut, Marvin, Paul, or Deron

-they're having a Draft Party at Phillips. I'm thinking I'm going to go. Anyone else going? Seems like it should be a good time.