xman

Greg Oden Jr

Height: 7-0

Weight: 245

Home: Indianapolis

School: Lawrence North High School

2004 Indiana Class 4A state champion.

Class: 2006

JR: Captured the 2004 TOC title and was named MVP. Offensively he's coming around and at this point, the word is out that he's a ridiculous talent who should be the No. 1 pick in the 2006 draft.

SOPH: Was the top player at the 2003 Nike Hoop Jamboree; attended All-American Camp. Considered the top prospect in high school basketball. Tremendous potential as a shot blocker and rebounder. Offense will come but he'll dunk everything in his path. Seems to have a passion for the game.

- - -

This guy is the top prize in 2006. It could be worth making a few moves to give us a better shot at him next year.

Asking a team to deal its pick is harder than getting them to trade an extra pick, so looking at the picks that have been dealt for 2006:

Atlanta receives a Boston 2005 first-round pick. (Antoine Walker trade 022405) The first-round draft pick the Hawks will receive is the lesser of the Celtics’ own 2005 first-round pick and the pick they obtained from the Lakers on August 13, 2004 as part of the Payton deal. Regardless of when the Hawks receive the pick, it is lottery protected.

COULD WE GET BOSTON TO REMOVE THE LOTTO PROTECTION?

New Jersey Nets receives a future LA Clippers first-round pick (Kenyon Martin trade 071504) via Denver receives a future LA Clippers first-round pick (2005 lottery protected, 2006 unprotected) (Maggette 062800) via Orlando (Reid 080102)

AN UNPROTECTED CLIPS PICK COULD BE SWEET EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN IMPROVING.

Toronto receives a 2006 Denver Nuggets first-round pick (Vince Carter trade 121704) Via New Jersey. [New Jersey Nets receives a 2006 Denver first-round pick (Kenyon Martin 071504)

NOT SURE, BUT I THINK THIS IS UNPROTECTED.

- -

Even with the 2nd pick this year, we should be in the lotto next year.

Could we do a deal with Toronto where we get #7, #16 and Denver's unprotected #1?

What would Boston want to remove the lotto protection? I do not see a possible deal here since Boston will probably suck.

What would NJ want for that Clipper pick (and possibly the #15 this year and/or their #1 unprotected next year)?

How about Harrington for #15, the Clipper #1 and Cliff Robinson. I doubt NJ does it(not sure of the value on Cliffy), but maybe.

#2 for #7, #16, Denver's #1 in 2006 and Toronto's #1 in 2006 - - I would hate to give up a stud draft pick in hand for 2 lower draft picks and 2 future picks but it could payoff in a big way.

Thoughts or other suggestions??

i would love to get Oden. i mean the last few years, you've been getting major franchise players at the top via Yao Ming, Lebron James, and Dwight Howard. Oden would be a prize. I think though we'll come out short because we are the Hawks.

Also - if Toronto would go for

#2 for #7, #16, DVR #1 and another #1, who would you want at #7?

I think our top 6 would be:

Bogut, MWilliams, Paul, Deron, Green, Felton.

If they are gone, would we take Frye (Vazquez?)?

Channing Frye

ARIZONA | SENIOR | CENTER

HEIGHT: 6-11 | WEIGHT: 245 | AGE: 22

Projectged #8 by Ford - The Knicks secretly worked out Frye on the West Coast about a week ago and walked away pretty convinced he was their guy at No. 8. Frye is a skilled, athletic big man who has improved his body and his athleticism the last few months. Odds are, he'd be the tallest decent player on the Knicks' roster next season. (Bruno Sundov, 7-2, averaged 1.2 points per game in his 21 games in 2004-05.)

Fran Vazquez

SPAIN | POWER FORWARD

HEIGHT: 6-11 | WEIGHT: 230 | AGE: 22

Projected #6 by Ford - The Jazz desperately need a point guard. But they also need more size and athleticism up front. The Jazz could move up a spot or two in the draft to grab Paul or Deron Williams, but they aren't high enough on Felton to pick him here. Vazquez is a safe pick who can step in and give them more depth in the paint.

Well I'm guessing there will be an age limit of 19,

http://www.insidehoops.com/lockout-interview-061305.shtml

(must read btw if it hasn't passed here already)

so it isn't next but the draft after that when Oden will be available. That will be a deep size draft though, with Greg Oden, Kevin Durant and Brandan Wright looking like other yrs #1 picks.