• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

whos left in the Free Agent Pool?

cyman3

Can anyone explain to me the Kings' signing of Clark? I simply don't get understand the move. They've got Pollard, who I love as a frontcourt backup. I don't know why they're taking a big chemistry risk with Clark (will he play ahead of Pollard) unless they're that worried about Vlade's age and possible declining minutes and abilities. It just seems like they're clogging things - they have some young prospects to develop, why not devote the money to keeping everyone happy and "donating" the salary to Bibby's apparently "in dispute" contract?

Pollard is a great player off the bench for spark, rebounding and defense but his absolutely only offensive game is garbage point putbacks... he also can rack up a lot of quick fouls...

Clark isn't a scoring machine or anything but he is ten times better offensively than pollard...

after divac and pollard fouled out in the 6th game against the lakers they had to go with lawrence funderburke at center...

ouch...

I reiterate though, who will come in first, Pollard or Clark? Regardless, will the other become frustrated with the decrease in minutes (Pollard was great off the bench...could he keep the energy if he was behind Clark...and would Clark start raising hell if he was the third bu behind Pollard)?

Anyone (GoKings?) have an idea what Kings' fans think about this?

If the Mavs get Lewis, I fear them becoming a tamer version of the Jailblazers. I give Cuban and Nellie huge props for the mgt. of the team, massaging and blending egos, and keeping everyone happy for the most part, but I think that the Blazers have shown that in the sport of basketball, where there's only five players on the court and one ball (unlike baseball where everyone gets their chance to sign), having solid role players is a necessity. Look at what Jermaine O'Neal did once he got out of Portland - his skills improved dramatically. Being a young player on that talented of a team, I think it would hurt his development, esp. given that he doesn't play multiple positions like other bu's in his position might be able to.

Stay with the Sonics or work a SNT with Houston - that's my "advice" to Lewis. If he were to go to Houston straight up, he runs into similar problems (Griffin) with a loaded frontcourt.

I woulld imagine whoever is playing better at the time... Adelman is an experienced coach and experienced at dealing with a deep team...

this is the west and depth is important when you play teams like the blazers and mavericks and have to jockey for the best record again to have a prayer with the blazers...

plus if they are talking about signing clark for the type of dollars (low) that has been rumored then if there are real problems down the line you trade him...

Plus both Pollard and Clark back up PF as well as C and with the major injury problems that they had last year at forward I don't blame them for bringing in quality depth...