I say Hawks will go after Bogut...

TheRedStripes

I think the Hawks really liked Bogut after his workout, and i think they are going to try to make a deal with the Bucks to get him. The Bucks already have a couple young centers...Gadzuric and Pachulia. They may be losing Michael Redd though and this will make it impossible for them to win right now, they will have to rebuild. Marvin could be the best fit for them anyway if that happens, but especially if the Hawks are willing to make a deal for the pick. Milwaukee won't have an easy time getting free agents to sign there so making a deal to get more talented players would be a good option for them. I can see 2 potential deals for the Bucks to consider.

#2 pick and Al Harrington for the #1 pick and Booth

or

#2 pick, Josh Childress for the #1 pick

The Hawks may have to throw in the lakers 1st next year to make the Bucks bite, either way I would do it.

The Hawks have been hyping Marvin, and the Bucks have been hyping Bogut. I think that is a good sign that each team is trying to gain as much of an advantage as they can for a potential deal. The bucks definitely have a clear edge since they have the 1st pick and the Hawks don't unfortunately so they will get the sweeter end of the deal, but in the end The Hawks will come away with the player they need most...Bogut.

Some Bucks fans are saying there are rumors in Milwaukee that the Hawks are trying to get the 1st pick from the Bucks...The rumor is that the Bucks asked for the no.2 pick, Josh Smith, and a future first...Now, theres no way i would do that, but that's probably just the Buck's initial offer, I think the Hawks can get the pick for less.

No way we try to move up, maybe we move down. And if BK really did "have" to get Bogut, I doubt he'd be willing to give up much more than our pick and junk filler(Donta, etc) since this is viewed by most as a two deep top of the draft. I dont think I'd even throw in Diaw to move up if it were me and definitely not the Laker first.

Bogut is much more valuble to the Hawks than Marvin, the Hawks don't need another forward, they do however need a big man, before the season ended knight was interviewed during a game and said in the offseason they would be going after BIG MEN. Not forwards, The Bucks have all the leverage since they have the first pick. If the Hawks really want Bogut, and im sure they do, they will have to give up something to get him more than just the 2nd pick.

Like I said before, with 2 young centers already in Milwaukee, and with the potential loss of Redd, Marvin actually makes more sense for the Bucks, especially if he really is as good as all the hype. The Bucks know the Hawks want Bogut though and since they won the lottery and got the first pick in the draft I think they will select Bogut and then trade him to the Hawks, The Hawks may not have to give them as much as I first mentioned if the Bucks truly want Marvin over Bogut.

I don't agree. To end up with Bogut, the Bucks will have to draft Marvin by choice. Keep in mind that we have a lot of cap room and can sign Dalembert, Brown, Curry, or even Gadzuric (spelling). We also have David Andersen waiting in the wings.

From my point of view, the Bucks already have a decent Center and what they really need is a player like Marvin Williams.

If I were BK, I would sit tight and let the chips fall. Drafting Marvin is nearly as good as drafting Bogut. To shore up the Center position, we have plenty of options...no sweat.

Even though Bogut is a nice player, we will be better off drafting Marvin and trading Harrington for a PG. If we draft Bogut, we will be forced to resign Harrington and still over pay for a PG like Watson....that is much less cap friendly than signing Kwame then drafting Marvin and a PG.