• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

funny

shock

"Darko is really one of a kind. He runs the floor, handles the ball, shoots an NBA three and plays with his back to the basket. So you can slot him at the 3, 4 or 5. Okay, a few other guys can do that, too, but what sets Darko apart is his toughness in the post ... Fact is, Darko plays in attack mode at both ends of the floor. The more you push, the more he pushes back."

-- ESPN's Chad Ford on NBA Draft prospect Darko Milicic, in the June 23rd, 2003 issue of ESPN the Magazine

I don't see what's funny. For all we know it's true. The guy's gotten 5.8 MPG on his career. I've never seen anyone look good in that much time. He only got PT for one game really, and looked good in it. I would like to get Darko over here.

i think that is just wishful thinking. its hard to comprehend a number 2 pick with all the hype not getting any playing time. larry brown obviously knows something we dont, so we have to assume that darko is a bust. the only way to prove otherwise is to get more playing time as you stated.

there is no reason to assume he is a bust anymore than their is to assume he is a stud. They knew when they picked him he was a 3 year project. They knew the depth they had. We all know Brown doesn't play young players. He may turn out to be a bust, but that is not why he is not playing.

I would or would not do that depending on what else we think we could get for Al. But I would love to get Darko over here. He's right in the same age range to grow with the rest of the team.

Chill-Marvin-Smith-Darko could be a hell of a front 4 if things go right.

That being said, Dumars knew he was a long term prospect when he got him, and I can't see him shipping him. Especially not for yet another tall forward. Detroit has more forwards of that kind than us!