• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3way to land a SG

markgatl

HORNETS- Mohammed, Laettner or White, Glover and Lue WIZARDS- Campbell, Lynch, Crawford,EDavis HAWKS- Hamilton, Whitney, EThomas, Augmon

This seems fair to me...although we may have to add a draft pick. We get a very good young SG, a good young PF/C with less $$ and years than Nazr(I would still hate to lose him though) who is tough on D. Augmon would replace Newble, and Whitney would provide insurance for JT/DD and some cap space next year(he has a team opt). We then could sign Willis and offer him more pt.

The Hornets wouldn't have to lose Campbell for nothing(they aren't going to extend him for what he wants so he'll walk for the exception somwhere) and they replace him with Laettner or White as a reserve for the emerging Magloire and get the young PF/C they want to spare both Magloire and PJ. If Nazr and Magloire both play well together, they could let PJ walk next summer rather than extending him(cheap bastards). They also get a PG for depth in Lue and a good young SG/SF for bench scoring in Glover...both come off the books next year and could possibly allow them to let Nailon walk(cheap bastards).

The Wizards get a legit C to allow Haywood more development without any pressure much like the Magloire situation and a huge chunk of $$ free to spend on a big time player next summer...to me that's worth losing Hamilton who they're not sure about his future in Wash anyways. They pick up a bruiser in Lynch for protection of MJ and JJ and wouldn't need to resign PJones. EDavis and Crawford are just cap fillers, but when healthy would provide quality depth.

I think the Wizards would be making a mistake by giving up Hamilton because Jordan might not even play this year. Even if Jordan does play, he might not make it through the season healthy. Besides, Jordan is done after this season and that would leave Juan Dixon as their starting SG. If Jordan is going to play and the Wizards want to make one run at the playoffs, I could see them doing this deal. If the Wizards got Glover (or another young SG in the deal), I think they would be more likely to pull the trigger.

• Admin

We do not need a scoring sg. We need a guy who can come in allow the big three to do their thing and he get some garbage points. That trade really weakens our bench because we are also giving up our bu center. I think DJ fits the mold of the shooting guard we need. If he should fail I would like to see Ira come in and play the spot. I think both would be the right selection to compliment JT/GR/SAR and Theo.

I wish people would stop posting trades like this. I completely disagree with the statement that we "need a scoring shooting guard." We've got three people on our starting lineup that need the ball and are legit 20 point scorers, night in, night out. Add someone else to the mix and there won't be enough basketball to go around...

we need a backcourt player who can play good D and is has three point range. DJ could be this. If anything, I'd like to add a sniper (like Piatawski sp? or someone in the Kerr mold). Dion's going to provide the instant offense off the bench, playing at both the 2/3.

Besides that Hamilton isn't an average defender at best...we've assembled a team taht can put points on the board, the goal now will be to keep the other team from matching us. combine that with the well-discussed reasons we need to keep Nazr, and quite frankly I can't see why we need to ship any of the players out.