• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dalembert to resign with 76ers for $75m - rumor

Bulldog

RealGM - A rumor floating around the internet supposedly of NY Post origins state that the buzz in Summer League: Las Vegas among GMs was that one of the top free-agent centers, Samuel Dalembert, verbally agreed on a $70M to $75M deal to stick with Philly.

According to the new CBA, if this is true, Dalembert (who's been a backup for a big part of his career), but is still one of those "potential" players, could be averaging about $12 Million in Yearly Salary at 10.5% Increases.

Thats a lot of cash for a "potential" guy...

I wouldn't say Dalembert is completely a potential guy. He fell out of favor with Jim O'Brien and I think he wasted Dalembert's talents last year. The year before he proved he can block shots, rebound and run up and down the floor.

It seems like the Dalembert's talking with the Hawks now that talks with the Sixers are going nowhere. If it's a ploy or not on Dalembert's part to extract some money from the Sixers, I don't know. But I really like this guy and if the Hawks get him, it would be way better than Curry.

Is he a max type player? Probably not. But I would rather pour money into him than Curry. And how many overpaid centers are out there? I think Dalembert could be one of the better big men in the League.