• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Babcocks strikes again: Ukic staying overseas

Lascar78

By the report on one respected Croatian web site, one of the biggest talents in this country Roko Ukic (Roko Ukiæ) has agreed to the offered terms from Tau Ceramica and is allegedly suppose to sign a four year contract that will become official once his medical exam shows everything is ok next week.

The 21 year old has by that maybe disappointed an army of Croatian and former Yugoslav basketball fans living in Toronto where he was suppose to continue his career playing for the Raptors in NBA but he probably done the best thing for his career.

His “current” club Split CO will get 700,000 Euros as a compensation fee what is a superb condition for European occasions and also taking in consideration the young age of Ukic.

I guess this is why he slipped. Seems like other GM's saw this coming while the Babcocks didn't. I hope for the sake of Raptors' fans that they get rid of them asap.

Go Salim Go!

• Premium Member

As I said on draft night, Ukic either had to be drafted in the first round or not at all. Second round money barely pays his buyout. He'd be coming over here to a new place to play basically for free.

THAT'S why BK passed on him IMHO. He might have taken him with a late first rounder, but he couldn't get one...

...At least, that's my guess.

I thought the raptors were reportedly going to offer him a 3yeardeal with 1stround draft pick money? Good thing we didn't gamble on him 3 or 4years from now Cenk Aykyol will have us saying Roko Ukic who? when he is in a Hawks Jersey.