I'm starting the Campaign!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

We should sign either Pat Ewing or Chris Dudley!!!

We need some size behind Theo. I love Nazr and his ability to Board, but Really, we could use someone about 7'0 255 plus.

I would prefer Ewing because where else could you get that little Walk through the lane! However, I wonder if we approached him with a Vet Min. would he take it.

2 things he brings:

1. Toughness. Even in his old age, Pat is still tough and he can teach our guys to be Tough and to stick up for one another.

2. Experience. Old man River has seen it all.

Being that we let Willis go, we should make an offer at Ewing. Playing behind Theo might be the trick for him. Theo's injury history might mean that Pat plays more than just 15 mpg.

I saw ewing in a couple of games at the end of the regular season it was literally the most pitiful display of a former star hanging around 2 years too long... no way does he have anything left...

dudley said at the beginning of last year that his one year contract with the blazers was the end of the line for him... he may have a little more in the tank than ewing but let's face it... he is old, can't shoot free throws, has never had any offense to speak of, is slow(er) so he isn't even a decent defensive player much anymore...

• Admin

WW would be a good pickup for a player off the bench I think we need some defence off the bench more than O. WW is a terrible defender. We already have Glover, Hendu and Nazr who can score off the bench. We need Ira or at least a clone of him. I am sure there are some other eager players in the CBA who are willing to sign for the minimum and put forth outstanding defensive effort.

I hope Ira comes back.

I"m sure it was mentioned earlier this year on this site but what about Alain Digbieu (sp?). If I recall he's supposed to be a small forward that has hops and defense? Let's bring him over this year if we cant sign Ira. Personally I'd play the Newble thing as we are but then make sure I got him for up to what he wants if I had to. I think we'd be a better team with him on the court with our starters than DJ. I realize Ira doesnt have DJ's shot but he cuts to the basket and pics up the garbage baskets better, rebounds better, and inspires the whole team to hustle on defense.

I bet if we sign Ira that as the season evolves, Ira will only start if DJ or BigDawg are injured but I'd bet Ira averages the fourth or fifth most minutes on the team, more than DJ or Dion and maybe more than Theo even.

• Premium Member

We're not looking for a starting C. We're looking for a bruiser who can give us 10-15 mpg. Ewing might not be fast enough to be what we're looking for however, that's about the size we need.

One other name that was called was Popeye Jones. I would take him but he's more a PF. Actually, unless we make a trade, it will be hard to come across good big men.

Jones is a good idea.I know he isn't tall but he is pretty

round so I think he would be the guy we need.Very good

role player and he always has been.I was thinking about

Jones also.

Olden would do the same.We already have enough cops at Phillips

Arena I am sure.

Besides he played in one of the summer leagues I think and was

averaging as lousy 2PPG.He is about like Dudley....finished.

I do believe that dudley has 10-15 mpg in him but not ewing(dudley insisted that he was retiring, but stranger things have happened, sure)... I'm telling you that Ewing was pathetic in those games(the worst that I have ever seen) and believe me they were not relying on him for more than 10-15MPG in orlando (at least by the second half of the year)...

given that hunter has a torn ACL and they are left with horace grant and declerq at center don't you think that the magic would resign ewing if he had anything at all?

crap we're paying alan henderson enough money to sit his a** on the bench, we should play him at center 10-15 MPG...

I'd rather use the spot on another CBA player ala newble...

Guest Walter

In reply to:

"I think we'd be a better team with him on the court with our starters than DJ. I realize Ira doesnt have DJ's shot but he cuts to the basket and pics up the garbage baskets better, rebounds better, and inspires the whole team to hustle on defense."

Agreed. I also agree with Jaywalker that we are "sweating the 12th man". However, Ira would be a 6th man or starter for us. 3 gifted, offensive minded players and 2 defensive minded players, 1 at center and 1 capable of playing 2 positions on the perimeter, who can score efficiently and significantly as offensive afterthoughts and who inspire their teamates to better defense and cover for their defensive lapses. That sounds like a starting 5.

If DG or DJ can "beat out" Ira then they don't deserve to start even if it doesn't mean that Ira isn't the flat out better player (just the better fit). This is no longer a team that plays for the lottery. Whatever it takes to go as far as we can.

W

W