• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The blessing in getting JJ...

Diesel

• Premium Member

We don't have big money for Curry.

If JJ gets 20 million. That means that we only have about 8 million left for other free agents... AND NO MLE.

We definitely overpaid for JJ... but over the next four yeas, he'd be about 12.5 million per... which isn't so bad.

Let's get Zsa Zsa and call it!

• Premium Member

I didn't know that the league still had Signing Bonuses.. I thought they went out 2 CBAs ago..

Anyway, that's good to know.

I just hope we don't do anything stupid like trade Al for Curry!

The real blessing in having JJ is that we now have a shooter who starts and one who comes off the bench...

We have gone from being LAC East to being Pho East!!!

Hoopshype reports our salary at 17.06 for this year.

Add about 4 for Marvin and we're at 21.06.

Deduct 1.1 for Boris and we're at 19.969.

Add 12.5 for JJ and we're at 32.469.

The cap is at 49.5.

We still have 17.1 mil in cap space!

Now we need to sign Salim, and some combo of Donta, Zaza, and various role playes.

But I think we have more space than anyone is saying.

Where am I wrong?

Hoopshype Altanta salaries

• Moderators

Quote:

I didn't know that the league still had Signing Bonuses.. I thought they went out 2 CBAs ago..

Anyway, that's good to know.

They don't have signing bonuses. They do have an option to frontload a contract by accellerating payments from the later years in a contract, though. For cap purposes, the contract acts normally (i.e., initial salary in year 1, initial salary plus raise in year 2, etc.) but some of the actual payments under the contract are accellerated. Later in the deal, we will be paying less in actuality than the number that will be counting against the cap.

They don't have signing bonuses. They do have an option to frontload a contract by accellerating payments from the later years in a contract, though. For cap purposes, the contract acts normally (i.e., initial salary in year 1, initial salary plus raise in year 2, etc.) but some of the actual payments under the contract are accellerated. Later in the deal, we will be paying less in actuality than the number that will be counting against the cap.

That kind of sucks. I thought the frontloading was a positive because the Hawks have plenty of room to absorb the 20 million this year and then could save money in future years to sign the young players coming off their rookie contracts.