• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marc Stein - "Trade May Not Go Through"

Inside_Man

Marc was on Espnews around 3:10 EST. They brought this up. I was going to post this earlier, so hopefully I remember it correctly.

Stein mention they may not get the deal done until Thurs or Friday at the earliest. There was a chance it might not get done at all. He went on to say it is very embarrassing to the Hawks right now.

It figures only the hawks management can screw this transaction up.If Joe Johnson doesn't become a hawk this will let other free agents know that the hawks are cheap and won't do what it takes to get star players.If I own tickets to the hawks and this gets botched no way do I buy tickets knowing that hawk managemnt doens't know a hill of beans what there doing.Belkin better get his ^^^^ in gear or his investment might take a big hit as far as support from the fans.This seems to me like AOL/TW is to the Braves to many execs not knowing what there doing to get fans in the stands and produce winners.

There is a reason poor teams continue to be poor and good teams good it all starts with management at the top.If the Hawks owners are not going to produce a winner then sell the team.We don't need a bunch of rich guys sitting in their suits coming to games where half the arena is empty.There is no subsitute for talent and Joe johnson has that to help the hawks get to another level instead of being dormats.Get the job done it is as simple as that!

Here's the way media work: they pick a way to frame a story. The media has LONG decided upon the "lowly Hawks." Every new piece of information will be interpreted in that light.

It should go without saying that if this happened to any other team, they wouldn't harp about how embarrassing it is.

• Admin

I listen to atlanta sports radio for the majority of the day, where this has been one of the top 3 topics.

I watch ESPN in the afternoons.

I read the same websites everyone else does.

Until I get it reported from one of those sources, this is nothing more than Marc Stein GIVING HIS OPINION.

Quote:

Until I get it reported from one of those sources, this is nothing more than Marc Stein GIVING HIS OPINION.

Which he probably got from a single source. Maybe a disgruntled Suns official!

I actually have that same luxury, although I dont listen to the radio at work much, mostly just music. Then of course once I get home its Yankees baseball on one TV, Sportscenter/Baseball Tonight on the other TV, and the Squawk on the computer.

If you go to Nba.com/suns and watch today's Raja Bell press conference video, which Robert Sarver(Owner) Bryan and Jerry Colangelo(GM & consultant) attended, they talk about the JJ situation for the first 10-15 minutes. According to them, the hangup sounds as though it's completely on the Hawks court and that the deal won't be completed until this weekend because of it.

It's a good watch just to hear Suns management side of this JJ fiasco.