Marc Stein - "Trade May Not Go Through"

Inside_Man

I f***in hate Belkin, when he came in I was so excited because I thouht that he was comitted to talking us all the way. But now we have a chance to save our franchise, and he wont let it happen!!!!this guy is a [censored] asswhole!!!!

Exactly...happens all the times in sports...gusy have success in business and think they should treat sports teams the same....u can't, it is different, running a successful sports franchise is different than running a company that makes fkin bottle caps.

• Premium Member

I won't doubt Belkin's basketball knowledge..

He has been a Boston Celtic Faithful for years and I think was a minor owner with the Celts.

I think however, that for us, he sees the Hawks as an investment. He doesn't show any zeal about the Hawks.. or at least not compared to our other owners. Our Washington Owners fly in for most home games... You can't beat that. I don't know if Belkin has been to a lot of Hawks home games.

In short.. Like I have said before, I think Belkin wants out by next year... especially if another ownership possibility comes up...

Remember he jumped right out of the Charlotte deal to this deal...

Quote:

I find this interesting because he was on the radio around 1 PM saying he was virtually positive that in the end the trade would go through and that if there was a problem, it certainly wouldn't be from the atlanta side.

He said the same thing on ESPNEWS at 3:30 PM.

I dont know Inside Mans credibility on this board, but none of us have heard or seen this anywhere. Its not on ESPN news, its not on Real GM, its not on ESPN.com and it isnt on 790. I think he may be trying to stir the pot here with pure speculation.