• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRADE FOR YOUNG CENTER HAPPENING!!!

Nicholasp27

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a rumor a few weeks ago about Nesto for Harrington and I think the salaries are close enough to do that deal without any additional pieces (I havent verified the salaries). Nesto fits the description of a center who is not getting much playing time although he is not the youngest guy at around 28/29 but is young enough.

I think it would be a good fit for both teams. As a hawk fan who moved to Texas and picked up the Spurs, I watched a lot of Rasho and he is solid. The only reason he lost his spot to Nazr was because of an injury last year and since Rasho came back late in the seaon, Pop didnt want to mess with what was working so late in the seaon.

Plus now, the Spurs may want to make room for Finley potentially as they are one of the handful of eligible suitors. If Rasho makes a little more than Al, does that mean that the Spurs can offer a little more to Finley.

Please note that this is just speculation on my part. My source is the little voice in my head. Having watched Rasho the last couple years in Texas, I think he would be a great addition. There are not too many decent centers in the league but he is one of them and a good value at around $8mill considering the shortage of centers. I would rather have Rasho than a fat/lazy Curry who may be hampered by a heart condition or a Dalembert (I realize he is gone) who has yet to prove his worth.

I'm just happy right now we got JJ. He was unstoppable against the Spurs last year. Created his own shots and made them at will.

--Saif

When I read the top of this post, I thought the same thing before I read your post. He fits the profile that BK seeks out and he would be a good low risk/high reward type player we should seek out. K. Perkins is the second name that came to mind. Perkins is not the shot blocker DJ can be but he is a bit of a thug in the paint and has some offensive low post moves. Either guy would have to be an improvement over Collier. Pape Sow out of Toronto could be a sleeper selection because I don't think he has signed his restricted contract yet.