• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just heard on 790 the Zone..

delanceyj

"let them play together and see how they gel"

"JJ will improve our team game - Zaza will help too"

"Tryin to get Tyronn Lue back."

"JJ is just one piece of the puzzle."

"Zaza has a chance to be good - physical - tough - growth potential"

on the photo - "taken on the life of it's own. didn't know the photog was there - he was aways away - i'm straightforward with people."

"everyone know's GM's job - if it doesnt' work, i get fired - that goes with the job - i just want to pass or fail on what i do - i am willing to take the consequences"

on JJ on point - "it would be great to have one dominating guy - but if you don't have that - you have to construct your team differently - there's growth and potential in JJs game - it's not necessary to have protypical position by position team."

is this a playoff team today? - "I don't know."

"you want the answer now - I can't do that - let's play the game - it's the microwave age - people want it now - but I say wait and play the game."

"I'm not going to make predictions - we're going to continue to add players - in the middle of the summer, I don't make predictions."

about the picks they gave up - " i don't think you can get a player like JJ with those picks."

• Admin

as far as talking to the media is concerned. I mean you don't have to kiss their ass. But there's a point where having a good, working relationship with the media is beneficial and Bily just doesn't try to be nice or agreeable.

I.am.billy.knight.and.I.go.through.the.motions.in.interviews

• Premium Member

BK doesn't say anything that you can call him on Later.

BK saw Babcock make the Playoff Gaurantee and learned for Bab's mistake.

I think the team needs another spokesperson though. We need our own Pat Croce. A guy who will come in and speak so optimistically about the franchise that the city would start to believe.

The Maloofs do it.

Cuban does it.

Even Pat Riley did it.

You can't just lay back and be silent like BK is willing to do.

Maybe Nique can become the voice of the Hawks?

This was an awful interview, but more Dimino's fault than BK. The follow-up question to his badgering about asking for a playoff prediction should have been:

"So, Billy, after how many games will you be making judgement about the progress of this team as a unit?"

"How will Marvin Williams' progress (or posssibly lack of it) affect the makeup of the roster over time?"

"Without mentioning specific players, what are the attributes that the current team should bolster?"

I can't believe that any of you think BK came out looking bad. Dimino was the one who was cornered.

If Dimino had actuallty asked answerable questions *THEN* Knight could have proved that he loves being difficult.

Sad.