• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Googs in town

macdaddy

• Moderators

I saw Googs dropping his daughter off at my kid's school this morning. I asked him if he was coming back to the Hawks and he said he didn't think so. His daughter lives here. I told him we'd really like to have him back, and he said you never know. But, it didn't sound promising.

I hope he doesn't retire. Seems like he can still play, and we could use a veteran.

I think it's too early to tell on a guy like Googs...

Truth is he's in the twilight of his career and teams are going to look at a guy like him to fill out the roster once they gone down the pecking order of choices. So...we probably won't get any Googs news until the end of September...right before training camp begins.

I'm glad to see so many here like Googs. I would love to have him back here. Yes, he indeed would make a great back up at the 4 position.

Last I heard, it seemed like Minnesota was wanting him. Since Arthur Johnson has signed yet. It appears the Hawks may be in need of the back up 4 position. Or they are willing to start the season off with Marv backing it up. Then again, they might just want to evaluate more in the camp, and preseason games, then make a decision in the 11th hour.