• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I sure am Happy...

djcorley

If it's indeed true that we signed the Batista guy! I'm tired of hearing and reading about him daily.

People on hear are acting like if we sign him then our frontcourt is set. Saying he's gonna back-up ZaZa and AL...that's crazy.

Let's at least see a pre-season game first...heck even get a report from Training Camp by Sekou that lets us know something about the guy...Before we go and call him the savior to our Frontcourt rotation.

I am not to sure we are done, we signed this guy for basically nothing. I think we may be signing Reggie Evans to back up Al. I have no source but he just seems to fit the discription perfectly of what BK and Woody say they are looking to aquire. Beleive it or not, if we get Evans, me saying us making the playoffs would not be a reach at all.

I dont't think Seattle is gonna let Reggie Evans walk at this point. I don't think they're gonna let both of their starting big-men walk in one summer. Robert Swift isn't ready to contribute big minutes and Nick Collison is somewhat injury prone.

And we sure as hell better not trade AL for him. So, a S&T is pretty much out of the question.

We ain't gettin' Reggie Evans!

How many active players can a team keep? I thought it was 12. If the Hawks sign anyone else, they've got some decisions to make regarding players like Ivey, Donta, and possibly Big John or Collier.

PG-JJ/Lue/Ivey

SG-Chill/Stoudamire/Delk

SF-J. Smith/Marvin/D. Smith

PF-Al/Batista

C-Zaza/Collier/Big John

That's 14. I know if you're active roster is 12, you would have 3 on IR. Who gets the bump? Ivey and Donta are the most likely candidates, but who else?

Isn't it funny that the only info concerning his signing seems to be from regurgitated sources. As I posted on another of these similar threads all of the info appears to be old news. An article from DIME magazine isn't exactly what I would take at face value, there is nothing from ESPN,the AJC,CNN,NBA.com,Hoopshype,Insidehoops saying we signed him. It started out saying we made him an offer that his agent is working with along with another from GS. As things tend to do, as it get passed around, a word here and there is changed. If anyone can show where he actually signed it, I will admit that I'm wrong. I'm neither for him or against him, just that he adds another interior presence. It is hard to get excited about possible misinformation.

I think I read somewhere that under the new collective bargaining agreement it is now required that all teams have at least 14 players under contract. I still assume only 12 can be on the active roster with the others on IR or if eligible in the NBDL. Maybe eventually the NBDL will be like baseball minor leagues, you put prospects that arent getting much playing time in the NBDL instead of on the end of the bench so they can get more game experience. Who knows, Batista and Edwards may both spend some time in the NBDL this year and of course I expect Donta and Royal to spend time there also.

• Moderators

Edwards, Batista, ZaZa, Collier. That's a lot of big bodies. Look at what BK is doing though. Last year we seriously lacked big bodies and outside shooting. We added two great shooters plus added Marvin who can shoot from outside and added 3 young big men. Last offseason we were picking up Willis, KA, Jon Barry at this point. This is a lot better.

When Duncan/Shaq/KG types aren't available then spend your money on skill players and sign the biggest, toughest big men you can find. We may start slow but this team has potential to be a team that no one wants to play.