• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New to the board. Question for you guys.

THawk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to add another Hawks fan.

Looks about right for the opening roster. There will be

more than that on the pre-season roster and there might

be some small changes. Hawks can now send two players

"Down to the minors" and we don't yet know who that will

work out.

Some additional players will be brought in for the

pre-season games. Someone might win a spot on the

roster. Then, there is still a chance that a small

trade could take place before the final opening day

roster is set.

Again, welcome aboard Hawksquawk!

cool.gif

• Premium Member

Yours is probably right but it should be:

Delk/JJ/JC/Al/ZP as the starting five.

Right now, these are our best 5 in their right positions... I think Delk's scoring is something that we have to have on the floor at some time to be successful.

smith is one of our best 5 players and u don't have him starting

and jj is our best pg...even if he's not a top-10 pg in the nba, he can put up 20+/5+/5+ from the pg position

def better pg than delk...

the fact is, we don't have a true pg on the team...but jj will be as good a pg as arenas, billups, marbury, francis, wade, iverson

jj/jc/js/al/zaza

tho i think it should be jj/jc/al/js/zaza

• Premium Member

The fact of the matter is that Smith is not better than Childress or Al...

The fact of the matter is that JJ has never been a starting PG for a season but he's a helluva SG.

Moreover, your logic easily justifies my claim.

You say JJ is better than Delk because he can put up 20/5/5.

Well, he's easily better than Childress because he can put up those numbers while being a starter at Sg.

And Childress is easily better than Smoove because Childress is a very good scoring and rebounding Sf.

And Al is better than Smoove also.

J.J. can't play P.G.! End of discussion.

Why do some people insist that he be listed as our starting

Point Guard? Impossible! We ALL know that.

Just because HE said he wanted to come to the Hawks and

play Point? Not good enough.

Just because our G.M. said he was bringing him here to

play P.G., we all know that's not right.

If the Hawks carry on with this joke, we immediately

become known as the silly Hawks. My gosh, everyone knows

this is only a dream for J.J. and the Hawks went along

with it in order to get him here.

J.J. can't play two positions at once, can he? Everyone

knows he will be our starting S.H. He can't do that and

play P.G. at the same time.

Hawks didn't draft a P.G. We didn't have one then and

we still don't have one. Perhaps we can trade for one.

But, didn't they already do that? No. That was a joke.

Get it?

blush.gif

that's why i have jj/chill/smoove/al all starting, unlike you

i think they are all better than delk and can all effectively play those positions well enough

moreover, bk has basically said that'll be the lineup

we know

jj will be pg day one

jc will be sg day one

al will be forward day one

za will be center day one

we can definitely assume smoove will be the other starting forward over marvin/donta

• Premium Member

You guys play NBA Live or other games and start to believe that you can actually win with no attention to specialization. And then you make hopeful statements like JJ will be a PG "One DAY"... Hey Nick.. Ask some of the Hawks faithful here about "One Day" and JT. Many of them said, JT will be able to run the offense "one day"...

When building a team, you have to show some respect for specialization otherwise, you're in for a long season.

Dieselputer malfunctioned? JT was a SG in a PG's body....JJ is at worst a SG in a SG's body, has natural as well as mental ability to defend his opponents on the perimeter better. JT wasn't a versatile player, that was proven. JJ has proven to be versatile...the question on JJ is not whether he can play PG, he did that well in Phoenix, it is how much can he play PG? He will run the offense, it is just for how many minutes that is the only question.

Dallas is very happy with JT as their starting PG and they are already looking at trying to resign him. I'd LOVE to have JT back here now that we have a guy like JJ that we could pair him up with. I think JT and JJ would be terrific duo because their skills compliment each other so well. Both could play some PG and both could play some SG.

• Premium Member

JT is still being a SG.

Dallas has a team with other ball handlers who can bring the ball up and get them into their offense... Like Daniels and even Stack. When you watch the Mavs, JT does what he always have done... He sets up at the three point line and waits for Dirk to swing it to him...

option though. It will be hard enough for him to run the offense. If he has to concentrate on scoring too, it could make him less effective than he was last year. Stackhouse, Daniels or Howard could be a better 2nd option but then again, making him the 2nd option might give JT more confidence to go out and take his game to the next level.

• Premium Member

Being in the position and actually being a PG are 2 different things. You can put Alan Henderson at PG if you want to.. and he can probably dribble the ball up the court like most people do in a pick up game. The question is will you make your teammates better? Will you control the tempo of the game? Can you read defenses?

These are the areas where JT failed and this is where JJ will be judge...

He will not be judged on the question of if the announcer calls your name as "starting at PG". However, many of you believe via the power of suggestion.. If they say it, it must be so?

last year. Did he have a lot more help than he did here? Absolutely! That made him more effective than he ever could have been here playing with the likes of Newble and Glover. JT still initiated the offense most of the time in DAL as evidenced by his assist numbers.

The bottom line is that JT will NEVER be a J Kidd type PG but he can be effective at PG when he has ballhandlers around him. If JJ and Chillz were our SG and SF respectively, I think JT would be a GREAT fit at PG for us.

made with JT. JJ will need good ballhandlers around him to help take pressure off of him. He should be the primary ballhandler but Chillz (and others) had better be prepared to help him get the ball up the floor. That is another reason that I think Marvin COULD be our starting SF by the end of the season. I think he clearly has better ballhandling skills than Smoove at this point and JJ will need help if he is going to be successful at PG.

• Premium Member

The reason it's true is because JJ can actually be an NBA SG. If JT could defend NBA SG's, he would have been AI 2.

As far as Marvin starting as Sf... NOPE. Not unless we trade Al and give up.

I think we are finished with the trading away of talent and giving up the season. You don't drop 70 million on a player and continue to hunt for picks...

I think by the end of the season, JJ will be at SG and JC will play some SG and some Sf. With Smoove/Marvin coming off the bench.

Quote:

You guys play NBA Live or other games and start to believe that you can actually win with no attention to specialization. And then you make hopeful statements like JJ will be a PG "One DAY"... Hey Nick.. Ask some of the Hawks faithful here about "One Day" and JT. Many of them said, JT will be able to run the offense "one day"...

When building a team, you have to show some respect for specialization otherwise, you're in for a long season.

It isn't like the Hawks have a shot winning with your

lineup...

-Delk isn't a NBA starter. He is probably a year or two

from being out of the NBA anyway.

-Where is the shot blocker?

-You lose Athletic ability

It's laughable not to Smith in the starting lineup but

have ZaZa in there. ZaZa is Josh Smith's b!tch.