• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

potential trade ?

PhillyDC

i have lebron. someone wants him and may be willing to give up KG (whom i wanted in the 1st place) which player would you guys rather have.

based on history:

lebron will give me more ppg, ast, stl, 3s

KG will give me better fg%, ft%, reb, blks

this is my team right now

PG: ridenour, TJ ford, damon jones

SG: ray allen, j-rich, jr smith

SF: lebron, artest, odom

PF: swift, donyell marshall

C: camby, okafor

i may need help on boards if camby goes down, but i dont have any ast men except luke and TJ (hopefully odom helps out there)

what would you do?

• Premium Member

Depends on the league rules, but if Rebounds are worth something, definitely take KG. KG will get upward up 10-12 rpg... That's something that Lebron will never do. While Lebron may be versatile, his assists are not so much better than KG's for you to negate the trade. KG is just a better value...

The other thing is that now that Minnesota has Casey...

Casey is a guy who will prolly like to let the guard's play but will ultimately go to the post for points. That might be huge for KG because this is a contract year for Olowakhandi and Olowakhandi's scoring should take some of the defensive focus off of KG...From Minny, I expect big seasons from KG, Jaric, and Olowakhandi because of the expected coaching style.

In Cleveland, James have been hooked up with Flip Saunders. Everything about Saunders says that he loves to put the ball in the hands of his PFs. Even before KG was a household name and they were calling him "the Kid", Saunders was molding guys like Googs and Laettner in that Minnesota system. Unless he does something like Move Lebron to the PG, I suspect Lebron will not get as many touches as he has gotten in the past. He will get to witness two man games between Eric Snow and Marshall or Eric Snow and Big Z... Even in Spree's best years with Minny, I don't think Spree had many plays drawn up for him... The same is true of Wally at the Sf. I just think that Saunders uses those positions in the classical sense...On that team, I suspect you will see a good year from Marshall/Hendu/Brazillian guy.... They will benefit from being Pfs.

• Premium Member

I'm not as familiar with Mike Brown's resume'. However when we play the Pistons, expect work from Sheed/Wallace.

Still, if rebounds mean something in your league, I think you should make the deal. KG has always been a fav of mine and the reason being is that he can carry your whole FL Team's rebounding. I think you have enough able guards plus KG to make up for the assists that you will lose in Bron... Also... If KG is breathing, he's playing!

Not to be wishy washy but you really can't go wrong with either one. MOst seem to agree they were far and away the two best fantasy players this year.

If you like KG more as a player take him I suppose. One other factor that I take into account is how often they'll be on TV to see your fave player though. You'll get the Cavs a lot more than the Twolves on TV.