• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I see a troubling recurring theme!!

emeans

These 4th quarter lapses is really starting to rear its ugly head.....AGAIN.

How in the hell do you lose a game that you are up by 8 points with 30 seconds left in the game and you have the ball?????

Could someone please tell me this.

If we continue to colapse in the 4th quarter all year with the talent that we have assembled I am going to start pointing the finger directly at Woodson.

This was the Hawks achilles tendon last year. We should have at least won 20 or more games.

What a screwed up loss!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

These 4th quarter lapses is really starting to rear its ugly head.....AGAIN.

How in the hell do you lose a game that you are up by 8 points with 30 seconds left in the game and you have the ball?????

Could someone please tell me this.

If we continue to colapse in the 4th quarter all year with the talent that we have assembled I am going to start pointing the finger directly at Woodson.

This was the Hawks achilles tendon last year. We should have at least won 20 or more games.

What a screwed up loss!!!

Its pre-season give it a rest!

We are extremely young, four of our top players are new to the team, our #2 pick will need time to develop, and our best player is new to the team and playing a new position. Of course we're going to lose many games that we should win. I expect alot of this during this season. We prove that we can hang even with top teams, and then we find a way to lose on most nights.

Woody maybe could do better, but it's too easy to blame him. He's not on the court. He can't help that we are probably the youngest team in the nba and most of our team is new. These things take time. That is why we won't be winning alot till next year. That is why every year we seem to do better in the 2nd half of the season than the first. It takes continuity and unity to win.

It is definitely still a problem, and it's still going to take a while to fix it. Remember last year though that we were prone to getting waxed out of the gym in the third quarter, and so far this preseason, we have been the ones doing the waxing in the third quarter. That's a definite improvement. Closing out the games in the fourth quarter is something that will have to be learned by the players. They have got to be able to keep a team down that they have down.

I agree that it is a huge problem. Our youth can be used as an excuse but then why was the excuse continually used last year that we were tired in the 4th. Shouldnt the youngest team be the strongest and have the most endurance. I see plenty of young guys execute in the 4th ala Ben Gordon. Teaching the guys to execute and stay calm when it counts comes from the coach. Woodson doesnt seem to provide that. Last year, we easily should have won 10 more games if we would have executed plays properly at the end of the game.

Yeah I know it is the preseason but habits learned early are hard to break.

-sf

I know it is pre-season. But what you expect in pre-season is to get some of the kinks out of the armor. One of the main problems with last years teams was 4th quarter collapses. So far ALL of the preseason game losses are resembling the same old story from last year.....Play pretty good to excellent in quarters 1 thru 3 and collapse majorly in the 4th.

You want to see improvement in that area in pre-season!!

Also, I was finally able to see Curry on television tonight. I am now wishing we had taken a chance and signed Curry like New York did. He is a flatout beast (He almost kind of reminded me of Shaq in a subtle way). He and Zsa Zsa would have been a force in the middle. He will help New York out tremendously if his health holds up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know it is pre-season. But what you expect in pre-season is to get some of the kinks out of the armor. One of the main problems with last years teams was 4th quarter collapses.

Do you really think that Salim Staudamire & T. Lue will be closing out games for us this year?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Also, I was finally able to see Curry on television tonight. I am now wishing we had taken a chance and signed Curry like New York did. He is a flatout beast (He almost kind of reminded me of Shaq in a subtle way).

Clearly his best perfomance on the pre-season but I hardly consider 15 points 9 rebounds a domination performance

well we had lue running the point at the end, not jj...if jj was in, we would not have lost the game up 8 with 30 secs to go and in possession of the ball

once salim gets more comfortable, he will be in the game late, as he's a clutch player...he's our ben gordon this year

we won't be losing these games in the 4th pretty soon...once we have jj back and the team gets used to each other, we'll be able to hold onto those leads