• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deepest teams in the league

Diesel

• Premium Member

What about San Antonio? Coach Woodson made the comment just a few days ago when he was talking about trying to win in the preseason that SA had a second team that could start for about any team in the league (I paraphrased this of course, but the article is in the AJC). Just my two cents.

Oh!! I am very excited about the Clippers game, by the way. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

• Premium Member

I don't think San Antonio is that deep...

Well Maybe.. If you consider Nazr/Rasho to be a good rotation at C and if you consider Finley/Bowen to be workable at Sf...

I heard Woodson talking about their Second team...

That'd be:

Van Exel, Berry, Bowen, Horry, and Rasho...

But how does it rate to Miami:

GP, Anderson, Posey, Haslem, Mourning... with Simien, Kapono, Wright, Rice, and Walsh still on the bench...

Or what about the Pacers:

Jaskevickus, Artest, Granger, Bender(Croshere), Harrison.

Or what about the Pistons..

Arroyo, Delfino, Maxielle, McDyess, Darko

I guess the point is: Our depth Sucks!

• Premium Member

No. I don't think Artest will start.

Last year when everybody was hurt and or suspended, the Pacers found a guy from Oregon name Jones. Fred Jones became a goto guy, high percentage shooter, and decent defender. I also think they love what Jackson brings... Even at Sf.

I think if the Pacer do play Artest early, it's only because they want to get his numbers up to trade him by the deadline. LBird didn't say that he wanted to trade Artest directly, but I think that in the dark corners, Bird is trying to find somebody foolish enough to take the former defensive player of the year.. I'm betting that the Lakers come through!

Artest for Odom... In some fashion is my bet!

• Admin

They were one of the deepest teams in the league last year and did nothing but add talent to their roster. Miami looks deep on paper. But a lot of their players are young, inexperiened and unproven on the big stage.

Barring long term injury to Duncan, SA will repeat handily.