• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boris Diaw tonight

Plainview1981

i am glad he has finally found a home. It's too bad, his other nba experience was with us......and it was a horrible one for him and the franchise.

In conclusion, like j.j. and diaw they are complimentary players. if we had a steve nash to run the show it would make everyone better. we asked too much from diaw and he did produce; now we are doing the same thing with j.j. complimentary players need leaders. that's all...................

• Premium Member

You can't keep crying over spilled milk. You complained all while Boris was here now you want to be on his bandwagon???

When Boris was here, he was given every opportunity to step up. Woody begged him to be more selfish and to be a scorer. I don't care if Boris goes on to lead the league and Points and Assists... That's good for Phoenix. I just know that when he was a Hawk, he couldn't get it done.

When Boris was here, he was given every opportunity to step up. Woody begged him to be more selfish and to be a scorer. I don't care if Boris goes on to lead the league and Points and Assists... That's good for Phoenix. I just know that when he was a Hawk, he couldn't get it done."

It's Billy's job. He runs the team and it's his job to do the right thing regardless of what anybody says. When he's

wrong I'm going to complain regardless of how view it.

So even though I wasn't very fond of Boris, and I didnt

think he would be able to do much, it's Billy's job to

make the correct choice. When he doesn't do his job

correctly he should be called for it.

Maybe he couldn't get the job done is because Mike Woodson

is a sorry coach and that's what I should have figured from

the start.

Next coach needs to be somebody that is actually proven.

yeah anyone paying attention knows that Diaw never would have done anything HERE. Even if he becomes a stud over there, it doesn't matter, it wouldn't have worked here. It's a win-win. Diaw was not going to succeed here in an environment without a ton of talent around him with a personal problem with the coach. So losing him is irrelevant. JJ for 2 first rounders I think will turn out great. JJ has hamperred by his foot, you have yet to get a real idea of the kind of talent he's really bringing to the squad.

Besides, you can't put a price on how beneficial it will be that a top free agent wanted to come here over anywhere else and did. Do you guys not remember how frustrating it was to always hear "your capspace is useless, no good player will ever want to sign there, you're screwed. "

That was a huge bump to get over and we did. And got one fine @ss player in the process.

My belief was that for JJ to live up to what was given

up for him he had to be a star PG (A real need) or Tmac

level type of SG. I don't believe JJ can do either one,

so in my mind he isn't worth the money.

I might be alittle hard on the Hawks young players right

now. But that's mainly due to the way they've played so

far in the early going. I think the truth is that neither

Smoove or Childress are true stars, so the Hawks still

have to work on getting those players.

It doesn't look like JJ is that guy to me.

I suspect that abit of Diaw's failure here is because he

and Woodson didn't get along and Woody just isn't that

good of a head coach.

Diaw didn't do much when Terry Stotts was the coach here as well. Diaw is doing well because he doesn't have to worry about scoring. He can take his time and let his game come to him. On the Hawks he was constantly being pushed to step up his Offensive game due to the lack of scorers on the team.

• Premium Member

True..

But.....

How is an inexperienced coach supposed to get experience?

Look at Rick Carlisle. Look at Nate McMillan. Look at Phoenix' coach. Look at Poppivich.

All these guys had to start somewhere to become successful. That somewhere will not always be with a winning team.

If Woody starts doing his Bob Weiss imitation, then we have to let him go and get Silas, but until then, we have to give him a chance!

I agree with you Diesel. We can't have a revolving carousel of coaches. Woody does a good job motivating the kids, and I think he deserves a chance to coach them when they are expected to win (after they have a couple years of experience) and only then if he blows it do we need that veteran proven coach.

Quote:

True..

But.....

How is an inexperienced coach supposed to get experience?

Look at Rick Carlisle. Look at Nate McMillan. Look at Phoenix' coach. Look at Poppivich.

All these guys had to start somewhere to become successful. That somewhere will not always be with a winning team.

If Woody starts doing his Bob Weiss imitation, then we have to let him go and get Silas, but until then, we have to give him a chance!

Leave that up two the other teams. Already went with two

inexperineced head coachs and it fails. This is a franchise

that needs big names and somebody that can actually help

turn things around.

The Hawks have a bad smell like no other franchise right

now. I know that sounds negitive. But c'mon, I think there

are WNBA eams that draw better than the Hawks.

How is Mike Woodson or Terry Stotts going to help turn this

around? You think anybody takes these guys seriousally as

head coaches? The Players? The NBA fanbase? Who?

Just tired of seeing coaches with no credibility and unable to do anything with players getting hired.

The Hawks need a new direction and start it by going with

a coach that actually has some accomplishments.