• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel TOP 5 Sleeper teams for 2002-2003.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Houston. Yep, Houston. Rudy has won more with Less. I'm not a big believer of the Yao Ming hype but he is big and will board. That's all they really need. Their starting 5 of:

Ming/Thomas/Griff/Mobley/Francis should kick some major butt. They are a team that will sneak up on mANY. IF Francis stays healthy, they have a squad that should play really good defense. The only real question mark is at PF. I think Kenny Thomas will hold it down. They also have Mo Taylor and in a crunch they can move Griff up.... I wonder if Rudy will play the three gaurd set of Moochie, Francis, Mobley together with Griff and Yao? When you have really good rebounding Gaurds you can do stuff like that.

2. Golden State. NObody has been able to identify the problem with these guys. Now they have a good Coach. It's on. Look at their players:

Jaimson, Richardson, Dunleavy Jr, Fortson, Arenas, Welsch, Murphy, Damp... They have a lot of talent. However they have a lot of Good YOUNG talent. IF Dunleavy proves that he can play the 3, I bet a major trade is made to get them a PG. Off the top of my head, Jaimson, Arenas, and Mills to Seattle for Payton. The point is that Fortson is crying about Jaimson taking his playing time. The biggest threat to them both is Murphy. This kid is good. Their future is this:

C, Murphy, Dunleavy Jr, Richardson, and Arenas.... But we shall see.

3. ATLANTA. I looked on CNNSI and they had a poll of who will win the east and we were not even listed? However, we have a squad. Especially now that we have HAM to go with the rest of the hotdogs. If teams are not careful, we will outforward them. A lot lies on Theo's health and Motivation. If he don't have either we're in trouble.

4. Memphis. I hate to say that West makes a difference because it's not really him. They have mucho TALENT. I think Gooden can compete for ROY if he gets playing time. I am still looking for a Swift/Dickerson for Jones trade to happen. Especially now that Mourning may be retired. Miami can do nothing except start over. Grant is not a franchise PF. However if they can get Swift, they have a young player who can do something. Without the trade though...

Battier, Lo, Gasol, Gooden, Swift, and White Chocolate are a really good bunch of YOUNG players.

5. Chicago. I can't say enough about Chicago. They have a good team but just needs time. Good Coach in Bill Cartwright. Good players in Chandler, Rose, Erob, and Williams. They will need a lot of time to allow Chandler to grow up and Williams to stop turning the ball over.

To the media and most "big-time" teams' fans, we are sleepers. For the past two years we've been in the basement...and since almost no one is left from our playoff teams from just three seasons ago, those memories are gone as well.

No complaints about being "sleepers." It simply means that we might catch a few good teams unaware early in the season. If we do what needs to be done, the respect will come.

Now let's surprise some people, put some butts in the stands, and start this season.

Easier to "Slip Up" on teams when they don't really

expect it. I don't think most of the major media have

any idea that Atlanta just might win a few games this

coming season. Good. Let them continue to believe that.

Gray Mule