• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THANKS MR. LEVENSON!!! (Diesel Wins) My Experience

Hawkzzz21

Wow!

What a great time I had tonight. Where do I begin.

I started off the night by getting there pretty early, but didn't see any Squawk Shirts around. So decided to go get a coke. Then me and my friend met drzackary. Then went back to our seats. (section 121 Row G) I was in the very first seat.

Right about the time the tip was taking place, I saw Mr. Levenson, Dominique Wilkins, and another person (Mr. Levenson's Son)walking up the aisle.

I wanted to thank him personally for the great offer. So I extended my hand and he shook it. Then he asked "Where is Diesel". So I did notice a couple of other people wearing Hawksquawk Shirts, so I told him I would help him.

This is when I met lascar sitting toward the back of section 120 (I think). We (Mr. Levenson and I), were hollering for Diesel, but no one was stepping up. So Diesel, the question comes back to you now. Where was ya? We did make every effort to find you.

It appears that Mr. Levenson was going to pick Diesel to sit with him for the game. I think that's a great choice, and Diesel would have been the perfect canidate for it. However, we didn't find ya big guy. So sorry.

So with no Diesel, that is when Mr. Levenson invited me to sit with him. Of coarse I accepted. So me and my friend followed him down the aisle, onto the court, and right in front of where Bob Rathburn and Steve Smith call the game from. His seats is probably about 10 to 12 down from the Hawks Broadcasters. If that gives you an idea of where exactly we was at.

When we got to our seats, there was people sitting in them. Mr. Levenson boldly told them to scat!!! LOL.....just kidding, he said it very nicely. Going from left to right, the seating was like this. Me, Mr. Levenson, My Friend, and Mr. Levenson's Son (sorry I can't remember your name).

We sat there and watched the entire 1st quarter. Me and my friend absolutely loved it! We chatted, cheered, and boo'ed all together.

Mr. Levenson is a super nice guy. I know that might sound like a cliche, but it's very true. He's every bit just like us. Really a great guy. My friend got to chat with his son, and was impressed with his knowledge of the Hawks. According to my friend, Mr. Levenson's Son was talking about Hawks Players that should be posting against some of the Clipper's smaller players, and which Hawks Players were really hustling in practice. I think he also mentioned that Bob Sura and Rebracca (Clippers Player) were really good friends in Atlanta.

Being that close to the game was the biggest thrill I have ever had at a Hawks Game. A ball got knocked out of bounds right there at us. The ball hit my friend in the leg. Josh Childress (i think) came over to inbound the ball. Mr. Levenson told Chill to smile........lol. Cause Childress had this serious look on his face.

After the 1st quarter was up. Mr. Levenson decided to go get a couple of more people to sit in those great seats. He chose Traceman 2nd, and we went back to our regular seats in section 121 for the rest of the game.

After Traceman went, I think he started inviting 4 people atta time. So the last two quarters, I think two groups of 4 went. I'm not sure which Squawkers were chosen for the final two quarters.

Traceman sat right behind me. Was great hearing him and his friend talking about the Hawks. They was pretty much in line with what me and my friend was talking about too.

I met several of you tonight, so I can't remember all the handles I met. If I tried to name them all, I'm sure I would leave someone off.

The last Squawker I met was after the game was over. Gambit99 came over and introduce hisself to me.

I can honestly say, that I enjoyed meeting you all. We have a really great group of guys that post here. We might not always think so, by the way we post things sometimes. Experiencing you guys in person, was great!

Not only did Diesel get chosen to sit with Mr. Levenson, but I think he was the most popular person here that got talked about at the game tonight.

Thanks again Mr. Levenson!

Mr. Levenson's Son, I think you said that you don't post here, but look in from time to time. So if your looking in, it was great meeting ya. Sign up, and post some things. Would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks to the guys at Hawksquawk for getting us the great shirts. We looked good struting them around at Philips tonight. And yes, Mr. Levenson did have his Hawksquawk Shirt on. He was carrying a sports coat wtih him, and occasionally would wear it.

I never did actually know why Dominique was walking up the aisle with you Mr. Levenson. Was it just coincidence? Or did Nique want to meet Diesel?

OK, signing off.........

• Premium Member

It's nice to be remembered!

I couldn't make it to the Hawks game because of work...

However, I did have the strange dream that I won the opportunity to hit the 2 million dollar money ball from 3/4 court and I did. The Hawks beat the Clipps and Marvin scored 30 and Lue had 6 steals. I woke up, turned on my DVR to find out that none was true.

However, it's still nice to be thought of. Thanks

-D

I watched the game on TV (bout all you can do in Houston LOL) and they did the interview around the 2nd quarter I believe it was and they showed 1 guy sitting with Mr Levenson and he had on a black shirt and a hat. I did hear Mr Levenson mention RealGM and Hawksquawk.net by name which I thought was really cool.

Great story! Glad to hear you all had a good time at the game. Next year maybe I can make it down. Hell, I go to one Falcons' game evry year, why not a Hawks' game?

Glad to hear the ownership is so fan friendly. Go Hawks!

Quote:

I watched the game on TV (bout all you can do in Houston LOL) and they did the interview around the 2nd quarter I believe it was and they showed 1 guy sitting with Mr Levenson and he had on a black shirt and a hat. I did hear Mr Levenson mention RealGM and Hawksquawk.net by name which I thought was really cool.

No, it wasn't me. I had a white Squawk Shirt on. I can't think who had the black shirt on that went down there.

If I'm not mistaken, there should have been about 8 of you that got to sit with Mr. Levenson for the 2nd half. I quickly just read through the posts, and didn't see who they was. I might have overlooked it.

I do know I met one guy that went down with Mr. Levenson in the 2nd half. He said he doesn't post here, but reads here a lot. After he came back up, a guy with a note pad came up and asked him and his friend questions. I was curious to what those questions were.

I figured it was for a newspaper or radio show. I didn't hear, or couldn't find any articles today relating to the event.