• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next year's backcourt

VDiLetto

So I was thinking about next year already and I am looking forward to our Arkansas backcourt of Ronnie Brewer and Joe Johnson. There is no way BK passes on Brewer, he is his dream PG. If we can get a BIG TIME big man and can move Zaza to the bench where he still plays 25-30 minutes as a back up c/pf we could be on to something. Marvin is showing that he will be a special player.

Next year...

Brewer

JJ

Marvin

Josh Smith

BIG MAN

bench

Salim

J Chill

Zaza

David Andersen

That young lineup has a chance to be very good.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

So I was thinking about next year already and I am looking forward to our Arkansas backcourt of Ronnie Brewer and Joe Johnson. There is no way BK passes on Brewer, he is his dream PG. If we can get a BIG TIME big man and can move Zaza to the bench where he still plays 25-30 minutes as a back up c/pf we could be on to something. Marvin is showing that he will be a special player.

Next year...

Brewer

JJ

Marvin

Josh Smith

BIG MAN

bench

Salim

J Chill

Zaza

David Andersen

That young lineup has a chance to be very good.

I'd wet my pants if we drafted Brewer. JJ and Brewer are my favorite players at their level.

• Premium Member

I think that we should set our sights on Rondo... I have been waiviering between Brewer and Rondo and I just have to go with ROnDO... I think it will be interesting when these two meet up this year.

For what it's worth, even though Brewer is a Big guard, what I like about Rondo is his speed and his length. That's right Length. Rondo makes up for his height with his reach. I think it's impossible for him not to grow a little more. He's what I would call a ball Hawk... My prediction is that he will be very close to leading the NCAAs in Steals and in assists.

I think he's a good compliment to JJ.

Speed and Defense... Plus he knows how to get others in the game!!!

RONDO RONDO RONDO..

Maybe Smoove can put in a good word!

Quote:

Even better we get Reddick with the first pick of the second round and have the two best college 3point gunners on our bench.

We could also have the worst acne problem in the NBA.

Quote:

I think that we should set our sights on Rondo... I have been waiviering between Brewer and Rondo and I just have to go with ROnDO... I think it will be interesting when these two meet up this year.

For what it's worth, even though Brewer is a Big guard, what I like about Rondo is his speed and his length. That's right Length. Rondo makes up for his height with his reach. I think it's impossible for him not to grow a little more. He's what I would call a ball Hawk... My prediction is that he will be very close to leading the NCAAs in Steals and in assists.

I think he's a good compliment to JJ.

Speed and Defense... Plus he knows how to get others in the game!!!

RONDO RONDO RONDO..

Rondo can't shoot a lick. He's horrible. He's Brevin Knight.

• Premium Member

Hi! My name is "The Big Hole in the Hawks' Frontcourt." I've been living here for a few years now, so surely you wouldn't get rid of me by drafting a big man next June, would you?

What's that you say? You going to draft a PG for the third straight year? Thank goodness. I sure do like all the attention I get from opposing players.

See you at game time, pals.

blush.gif

• Premium Member

Yeah...

Let's draft a rookie Big man who won't be ready to defend anything until 2009...

When was the Last defensive C drafted that made an impact in either year 1 or year 2 or Year 3??

Might as well get a true floor general who can be our TJ Ford. Do you see what he is doing??

• Premium Member

Quote:

Might as well get a true floor general who can be our TJ Ford. Do you see what he is doing??

You mean the guy who's shooting 37% on a team with 2 All-Stars, the #1 pick in the draft, the MIP from last year, and one of the best backup big men in the game?

Please.

Defense wins in the this league and that has to start in the low post. The Hawks need to go big. If they fill like they need a distributor, then trade for one.

• Premium Member

If Okafor wasn't a PF, that would be true.

Better yet Nick... Point to the 2006 draft and find that defensive C. Boone?? Some Eurosoft player?? That's funny! As a matter of fact... Why not go with the BPA argument from this past yr? Boone will be no better than any of the PGs we have talked about.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If Okafor wasn't a PF, that would be true.

Better yet Nick... Point to the 2006 draft and find that defensive C. Boone?? Some Eurosoft player?? That's funny! As a matter of fact... Why not go with the BPA argument from this past yr? Boone will be no better than any of the PGs we have talked about.

Huh? We need a PF.

As far as 2006, it's too early to say who's better. Save your whining about the Euro's until March.