• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would BK offer Randolph Morris a contract?

Blunt91

I know Morris is trying to appeal to the NCAA to let him play for the Wildcats this year but if they don't rule in his favor and he can't return to college would Billy take a chance on him? I noticed in Traceman's post that Billy Knight stated he was scouting the college ranks looking for a bigman that can help the team. He might have been referring to the draft but I can't help but think that Billy isn't keeping a close Eye of the Randolph Morris situation. I am not at all saying Morris will be a stud but since Knight is in the mode of getting young guys to develop why not get a player who has some Athletic ability like Morris instead of another stiff like Big John.

He's a big kid and from Atlanta, but other than that - what's the attraction?

Great in high school. But, he averaged 8 points and 4 rebounds played 20 mpg as a freshman at Kentucky. When he played Bogut he got 2 points, 0 rebounds, and 4 fouls in 5 minutes - and then was yanked. Against Georgia it was 4 points, 5 rebounds, 4 fouls in 22 minutes. Against North Carolina he had 7 pts and 6 rebounds, while Sean May got 14 pts and 19 rebounds playing similar minutes.

Then add in how he got himself into the current situation. Not very smart.

BK was willing to give him a look this summer and the kid ran back to Kentucky, so why should Billy care now?

Kemp was my favorite player for a while, but I want nothing to do with him now. Other than MJ, who has ever taken an extended leave from the NBA and returned successfully. He has taken himself from being a fat@ss to being in shape, but that doesn't mean that his old body is ready for the NBA. No thanks

As for Morris, let's put it this way, we had a chance to draft him with the second to last pick of the draft and passed. We had an opportunity to sign him to a contract after the draft and passed. If BK liked him, he'd already be here. The guy is a bum at this point anyhow

we don't know that he ran back to kentucky

most likely we gave him a look and said that we're interested but we'd like him to first return for another year to develop and get more pt and then we'll look into signing him in a year or two

at any point, if he starts doing better, we can sign him...he was undrafted so he can be signed at ANY point from here on out

i think if he can't get back into Kentucky BK may just sign him and throw him in the DLeague for 2 years

Just want to remind you guys.

Morris dominated D. Howard in highschool. I don't have the box scores from 2 years ago. But, when they played vs. one another R. Morris would hold Howard under his average in points and rebounds. Morris would out rebound and out score Howard in highschool.

My pont is that Tubby's style is to play super aggressive defense. 3 or 4 man substitutions every 4 to 5 minutes in order to committ to pressure defense to wear the other team down. This style helped contribute to his foul trouble.

Don't forget about the upside this kid displayed while in H.S. in Atlanta vs. the best competition in the country (D. Howard, #1 pick).

I would role the dice on him as a development player in the a heartbeart. The LA Laker's used their 1st round pick on a kid very similar to Morris last year in the draft.

After all, what is their to lose by trying him out ?

To answer the question on Kemp. He is 36 years old. This year will not be a playof year. A 36 year old is not for a lottery team.