• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Please tell me...

y2kenta

Can someone please tell me why do teams need so many controversial calls to beat the Hawks this year?

WTF is going on? Especially with Portland. Now I know basketball well enough to know that one play doesn't win or lose a game, but one play in a tied game with one a sec. left is devastating. That's twice the refs have given POR wins over the Hawks at the buzzer. WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!!

Now some of us around the boards have been very suspicious of a NBA conspiracy against the Hawks and this really keeps my curiousity going a little more.

• Premium Member

There are 2 possibilities...

1. It's all a plot by Belkin to make us look bad... Belkin has aligned himself with the darkside (Stern) and they have vowed to make the Hawks and it's ownership group look bad for ousting Belkin from the board of Governors. Stern has agreed to allow his officials to stop any ray of hope that the Hawks may have. The Belkin knew a 3 game win streak would have turned into a 5 game win streak and the next thing you know, the Hawks would be playoff bound. He wants to Hawks to lose so much that he can come in and buy out every owner and move the team to Boston and call them the New England Hawks..

or.

2. The Young Hawks need to learn how to play with a lead and put teams away!

I believe it's one of the 2.

• Moderators

At times I believe that the officiating is used to favor some teams, but then I think that that's just more trouble than its worth for the league.

The real problem is that the officiating is slanted against young guys and against bad teams. Maybe not intentially, but there is no way they make that call if its Kobe, LeBron, KG etc.

I'm more concerned with the way ZaZa is being officiated. After the Boston game its as if they decided to not let him be so aggressive and whistle him for touching anybody while at the same time he can't get a call on the offensive end.

But this is the life of the worst team in the league. Which is why we have to close people out earlier and not be in a situation where a call can change the game.