• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No on court leadership

Rexhawk

• Premium Member

I haven't heard anything about BK not being certain that Al won't resign... I think they have a very good relationship and if neccessary, Al will let BK do a SNT... However, to get itchy and try to trade Al for somebodies Dusty Backpack won't get it.

I mean, I keep hearing we need to trade Al because of his contract, however, there's no good players on the block unless you really want Marbury. Also, losing Al and not getting back a scorer will really hurt JJ More... JJ can't sustain the offense by himself and right now, the Joshes and Marvin are not ready to step up!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense sustained itself pretty well when JJ was on the bench against Boston. However he did come in during the second half and contribute a few turnovers.

And regarding Al's defense....denial is not a river in Egypt. The next time he challenges a shot in the lane or gives a hard foul will be the first.

I would take Sheldon Williams over Al at the 4 in a heartbeat and I am not sure he is the best big available. Just have to wait and see who is declaring.

• Premium Member

Why does getting a Draft pick mean giving up a productive starter...

This is the disconnect in your logic I don't understand.

You must have not understood Bird in the Hand. There are so many BUSTs waiting to happen.. It's just smart to hold on to Al and trade him LAter if Shelden or anybody show the ability to step up... Moreover, if you want to talk about Rivers in Egypt, you saying that we were able to sustain some offense without Al is Laughable. We scored 77 points when the Clipps blew us out. If not for the fact that their third team was on the floor, we would have set a new NBA History LOW in PPG.

This is your quote:

Quote:

JJ can't sustain the offense by himself and right now

So I mentioned the game JJ was in foul trouble.

So you decide to change the issue:

Quote:

you saying that we were able to sustain some offense without Al is Laughable.

I didn't say that.....but since you brought it up...

I guess you forgot that Al missed the last month of the season last year. They didn't have JJ, Zaza, Marvin or Salim either. And they averaged 100 pts.

• Premium Member

Every year in the second half of the season, Hawks players look good and produce. YOu know why... Other teams are coasting against the 7-62 Hawks.... I mean would you put up your best fight against Atlanta if they are 7-62??

But what about Now? What are chillz and Smoove and Marvin doing NOW? When they get in the game, why is it that Marvin puts up 2 points or 0 points or 1 point in 20+ minutes??

I guess that's Al's fault right??

So we trade Al away and automatically, Marvin and the Joshes Step up??

Yeah..

When we're 7-62 there Stats will start to look real good!

Why do you think the Hawks have been so much more competitive in the first half than they are in the second half? Because teams are taking them lightly. After a 13 win season nobody comes into a Hawks game with any urgency.

And you keep putting words in my mouth and it keeps backfiring.

It is not Al's fault the Hawks aren't scoring now but they do have players who can score. And it isn't like they are scoring great now, averaging 89 ppg with him and his 43.6% shooting percentage from the post.

You still are missing three key points.

Fact #1 : Zaza is going to be starting for awhile. His main weakness is lack of lift which prevents him from challenging shots in the lane, even though he tries. Al has the same weakness only worse. Having the two of them starting next to each other will never work.

Fact #2 Whether or not they trade him isn't going to effect whether or not they resign him. Two separate issues.

Fact #3 Al is a mature player and isn't going to get much better. A 25 year old player isn't likely to improve as much as a 19 year old. We don't know how good Smith or Marvin will be. We do know that Al will never be any good on D and that he will struggle to shoot a good percentage in the post against taller defenders.

Al starts here because the Hawks are a weak team. He would not be starting at the 4 on most teams. In fact I doubt he would start at the 4 on 5 other teams in the league. In order to become a good team they need to put someone next to Zaza that complements his game.

And I am not the one starting retarded trade threads about every player on the roster. It seems the only player you aren't willing to trade is the unrestricted fa, which makes no sense.

Al's knees are going to give out soon. He looks like he's running around on Steve Smith's knees out there. Point is, he's not going to be able to keep playing at a high level for much longer. This year will be the big numbers year as he goes for his new contract. After that there's going to be a lot of sitting on the bench and missing games. Trade him now while we can still get something for him.

Funny you mentioned that because after he played poorly in Memphis I started watching him more closely and I think that tendonitis in his knee never went away. Even though he had a monster game against Boston he still doesn't look like he is moving as well as last year.

They may be trying to keep it quiet since it is a contract year but it is definitely noticable. Hopefully he will get to 100% eventually.

Quote:

My only reason for bringing up JJ...

JJ does have upside.

But right now, we are playing him Ray Allen, Kobe, Tmac Money... And he's playing like Jrich... It's not bad, but it's not 70 million either.

I think JJ has a lot of value and could bring us a first round pick as well as 1 or 2 good players.

I say this knowing that our fix will be for us to get a PG that can run the offense and make JJ a full time SG. If we do that, we have overpaid for him, but we must start somewhere.

How about we send JJ to Phoenix for Boris Diaw and a pair of firsts? laugh.gif