• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

the product sucks

gsuteke

This team has lost 5 games by 4 points or less . . and with a chance to either ice the game with FTs, get a stop to ice the game, or flat out win the game on the last possession.

And yet, some of you act like this team is light years away from being decent. Ish . .we could've been 7 - 8 right now even with all of these holes in the lineup.

I'll say this again about Chris Paul. If we draft him:

- we take Ronny Turiaf in round 2, not Salim . . because it makes no sense to draft two small guards, when you have a need for a big after you already get your PG in round 1.

- instead of Cenk at #59, we take Randolph Morris

- we go after one of the Chicago big men, not Joe Johnson, because we still needed a 5 more than we needed a 2 . . especially after the guys we really wanted ( Ray Allen and Larry Hughes ), were off the board

- if we get Curry or Chandler, we probably don't make a 4.4 million a year play to get ZaZa . . seeing that the ZaZa signing was a direct result of us not being able to get Curry or Chandler or Dalembert ( whom a lot of you wanted to pay big money for )

- we probably don't make a play for Lue, and just go with Ivey and Delk as the backup PGs

- and after we find out that Turiaf has a heart condition, we probably bring back a guy like Ekezie.

These are probably the Hawks, if we drafted Paul

PG - Paul

G/F - Childress

F - Smith

F - Harrington

C - Chandler ( because we'd probably would've been too spooked to offer Curry a big deal . . especially after he blew us off in June )

Bench:

G - Delk

G - Ivey

G/F - Diaw

G/F - Donta

F - Turiaf

C - Morris

C - Collier ( R.I.P. )

THAT is probably the Hawks team we're looking at right now.

Everything we did after the draft was a direct result of the players that we drafted and the players we COULDN'T GET in free agency. With Paul, you'd have no Salim, no JJ, and no ZaZa. Instead, you'd have Turiaf, Chandler, and Morris.

I'll take the team we have now, thank you.

And after that team goes 2 - 13 . . 1 - 14 . or whatever, we'd be crying about how we needed another scorer here to play alongside Paul and Harrington. What would the rumor be then?

Childress for Deshawn Stevenson?

Childress for Voshon Lenard?

Or would everybody be talking about drafting Rudy Gay, and playing him at the 2? Or worse, would everybody be talking about drafting JJ Reddick?

Northclyde, you make some interesting observations. All

of us want things to work out and hindsight is always

said to be 20-20.

Players turn out to be better or worse than projected on

draft night. Some are already giving up on M.W. because

he isn't leading us to the promise land.

Looking back, we see what players were available and what they are doing for their teams RIGHT NOW. We want things

to work out for us and when they don't right away, we

tend to panic.

This is a long term project. "Lord, give me patience and

give it to me NOW!" seems to be the prayer of all of us

who follow the Hawks.

smirk.gif

Quote:

Northclyde, you make some interesting observations. All

of us want things to work out and hindsight is always

said to be 20-20.

Players turn out to be better or worse than projected on

draft night. Some are already giving up on M.W. because

he isn't leading us to the promise land.

Looking back, we see what players were available and what they are doing for their teams RIGHT NOW. We want things

to work out for us and when they don't right away, we

tend to panic.

This is a long term project. "Lord, give me patience and

give it to me NOW!" seems to be the prayer of all of us

who follow the Hawks.

smirk.gif

LMAO . . exactly.

I'm just glad that these guys are competing night after night and haven't even begun to give up on the season. Some of our fans could take a note from this team on what perseverence is. As bad as we feel about the losing, no one feels as worse as they do. Especially when they've been so close in 1/2 the games this year.

Hawk fans need to understand that while we could've added a key piece in Paul, we may not have other key pieces here strictly because of circumstance and what the situation called for.

It's like the movie "It's A Wonderful Life". When George goes back to his town, things aren't nearly the same as when he was there before.

the only thing that will save this team is continuity. i have never once posted on this board to trade anyone, and while the product on the floor right now sucks you can't go trading everyone. if you do you'll be right back at square one.

IF Billy Knight has the brains to keep this squad together and add the 2 pieces we are missing the team will be fine. that being said I have zero faith in Billy Knight to do that. he has already shown poor judgement in my opinion by signing Joe Johnson this year. would I rather not have Joe, of course not! however, if you are rebuilding then you need to wait on signing a Joe type player a year or so while in the meantime using those high draft picks that result from losing bunches of games on young people to go around him. we are now missing some of those choices.

this year Rondo or some other PG i've never heard of. next year hopefully we get lucky and win the Ogden (sp?) sweepstakes. then we're set. unless of course BK continues experimenting with lineups and moves people around.

GO HAWKS.... in 2008!