• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

spurs game

shock

well guys, ive been in san antonio the past few days on a business trip and got to see the spurs in action against the miami heat. I showed up at the sbc center near the end of the 1st quarter and was able to scalp a ticket for 10 dollars about 25 rows back from the heat bench. First of all, i realize that the spurs are the only professional team in san antonio and that they are the defending champions playing against a shaq-less heat team. but the place was sold out! and it was a playoff atmosphere on every possesion. the buliding was electric and it was something im not accustomed to being to so many hawks games. it really opened up my eyes to everything the hawks are not. watching the spurs and heat play, it really opened my eyes that the hawks are NOT a team. both teams ran plays on EVERY possesion. Generally, there were at least 3 to 4 passes every trip down the floor. Now i know that we are the youngest team in the league and that it takes time for chemistry to come together, but we can only lean on that crutch for so long. Obviously our team has NO game plan and no identity. To me, this reflects on the coach. Ive been behind woody since day one, but watching these two teams proved to me that i was wrong. Guys, woody just isnt the guy for this team. Its not that he isnt a good coach, its that hes a rookie coach who has been thrown into a situation that could possibly be the worst situation for him. Granted, BK could have made better picks and trades since he has been here, but this teamisnt as bad as our record shows. I truly believe a more experienced coach could get a whole lot more out of this team. I understand that management doesnt want to give up on woody or the season, but the longer we wait for a light at the end of the tunnel, the more it may hurt our players in the long run. Im not a gm, im just a fan, so i honestly dont know what is best for this team, but i definately have an opinion, and i think this team needs a new coach.

I understand what you are saying about the atmosphere at the Spurs game, but put Babcock in the position of running that team and when he screws it up let's see how many people show up. If you put a winning team on the floor the people will show up. There are thousands of Hawks fans who do not want to pay the money to see the product on the floor. Once this team is complete and our winning turns around the fans will show up at the Phil.

Quote:

Quote:

You know, the team you watch once the Hawks drive you to ridiculous levels of frustation

lol. If espn or tnt has a game on I usally turn to it for a minute during the Hawks game just to keep my sanity.

Hm, that's what video games are for!