• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAHA... Diesel's 4 way...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Al to Indy.

Artest to Sac-town.

Peja to Denver.

A-Miller to Atlanta...

I think everybody leaves the table Happy...

Atlanta then Deals Lue to Milwaukee for Gadzuric...

Gad, Zaza, JSmoove, JJ, A-Miller...

And we're gunning for Aldridge in the draft!

Quote:

Al to Indy.

Artest to Sac-town.

Peja to Denver.

A-Miller to Atlanta...

I think everybody leaves the table Happy...

Gad, Zaza, JSmoove, JJ, A-Miller...

And we're gunning for Aldridge in the draft!

Man, you really create some doozies.

Quote:

omg if you think the Bucks would do that deal you really have a screw loose. They already have two quality pgs and even if they didn't what in the world makes you think they would trade Gadz for Lue? They love Gadz there.

If they do trade him it won't be for a 6' pg to backup TJ, especially since they aleady have a backup.

wow

• Premium Member

Milwaukee has a glut of bigs in Magloire, Bogut and the currently injured Joe Smith which leaves Gadzuric as the odd man out. Maybe a Tyronn Lue should make the Bucks interested. Lue is an able backup at the 1. This used to be the role Maurice Williams played for the Bucks, until he started showing that he can play the 2 spot behind Redd while Redd was out.

Gadzuric should at least give the Hawks an interior shot-blocking presence and a lot of rebounds. Plus this allows Pachulia to play the power forward spot, making a twin 6'11 frontline that can ably get rebounds and get the occasional blocked shots.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I went to a Bucks board to see if they would trade him for Harrington and most of them said no.

Most fans and especially board fans are big time homers... Even here at Hawksquawk.

Cold Pizza mentioned a swap of Artest for Smoove this morning.

Even though Artest is argubly one of the the top 10 players in the game (I don't like him though).. Many people here were like... NO, we can't trade our future for Artest...

Actually, pick any trade you would deem fair and take it to a board and it will prolly be shot down.

Your example of Al for Gadzuric...

AL is miles better than Gadzuric and Gadzuric is the odd man out in Milwaukee... This trade benefits Milwaukee in so many ways it's not funny... Yet, the homers told you that they wouldn't do it...

However, if BK went to Larry, that trade would be done in a heartbeat.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Any takers for Artest? Pacers say they will try to trade him

By Mark Montieth

]mark.montieth@indystar.com

Al Harrington knows all too well what can happen when an NBA player demands a trade. And it's not always pretty. Harrington, frustrated over his limited opportunities as a reserve, asked the Indiana Pacers for a trade following the 2003-04 season. He got it. To Atlanta, where he's getting all the opportunity a player could desire and is stuck with the NBA's worst team.

Had Ron Artest called his former teammate before going public with his trade request, he would have received a few earfuls of advice.

"If I was in his position, there's no way I'd ever want to leave Indiana," Harrington said in a telephone interview Monday evening. "No way in the world. To have the opportunity he had there and to be on a winning team, too? That's a no-brainer."

It's ironic, then, that Artest's wish to leave the Pacers could bring back Harrington. That, at least, is one of the more plausible scenarios as the Pacers begin their scavenger hunt for a suitable deal for their controversial All-Star forward.

Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said Monday he'll try to grant Artest's request, but emphasized he'll remain selective. He might not be able to get equal value in return, but he'll insist on a trade that makes long-term sense.

"You can bet on that," he said.

The most logical step seems to be to try to trade Artest for a starting small forward. Walsh, however, said Stephen Jackson can make a short-term switch to small forward, as he did last season when Artest was suspended for the season's final 73 games, and that rookie Danny Granger shows promise as a long-term replacement. Those options will allow Walsh to consider players who play other positions, or to work out a package deal that includes several players.

"Whatever the best option is, that's what we'll go for," Walsh said. "You're always conscious of position and where you need help, but we have a pretty deep roster. Whatever the option is, if it's out there and it works for us, we'll take it."

Artest's salary of $6.8 million is low for a player of his caliber, which complicates the Pacers' challenge. If he is traded for one or more players, the incoming contracts would have to match his salary within 125 percent. Deals can be leveled with draft picks and/or cash.

Harrington is one of the few players reasonably close to Artest in talent who falls into that category. He's in the final year of the four-year contract extension he signed with the Pacers in October 2002, and while he has stated no public wish to leave Atlanta after this season, it's at least a strong possibility.

Atlanta, then, could get an All-Star under contract through the 2007-08 season for a player it might lose without compensation after this season. Artest has an option for the 2008-09 season and will almost certainly take it.

The Pacers, however, would risk losing Harrington after this season.

Harrington, who speaks almost daily with Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal, chose his words carefully when asked about the possibility of returning. But he wouldn't be opposed to it.

"I guess I'd embrace it and come in and play hard and play the best I could," said Harrington, who averages 17.1 points and 8.2 rebounds for the Hawks. "I'm not in control of that. But I wouldn't be mad, you know what I'm saying?

"It's not my choice. But Indiana's a great team and it would be a great opportunity."

Sacramento forward Peja Stojakovic has been mentioned in trade rumors for Artest in seasons past, although Walsh said Monday he has never attempted to move Artest. Stojakovic is known as a great shooter but a poor defender and rebounder. He has slumped this season, averaging 18 points on 43 percent shooting, but is a three-time All-Star and a career 40 percent 3-point shooter.

The Kings, meanwhile, are struggling at 9-12 and might want to upgrade their defense.