• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Harrington Trade

hawkster411

Someone please update me on Al Harrington. I've been out of the loop because of school.

I heard Al Harrington (from previous posts) was almost traded in a 3 team deal with the Pacers, Nuggets, and Hawks.

Since we are winning more and team chemistry is gelling, is it wise to trade Al Harrington? There's a risk in losing that team chemistry because we'll lose Harrington's leadering, scoring, etc; however, his stock is at an all time high.

If a trade were to happen, I think Harrington will be traded along with one of our guards (Childress or Stoudamire). I think bK is aiming at getting an established big man. As for the draft, I think Rondo would be our man for the PG position.

Also, I'm curious as to whether or not we can get Darko from the Pistons? You think he's ready for Starter minutes? He's not playing, and he's wanting minutes. Could we give him a chance? Could we get Evans and Darko? Draft Rondo at the draft?

Merry Christmas everyone

Harrington is a UFA at the end of the season, Indy is about to trade Artest, Indy would like to get Harrington, Knight doesn't want Artest, all kinds of rumors involving a 3rd team to take Artest, send Harrington to Indy, send (fill in the blank) to us. As to what will actually happen, stay tuned.

......I think there is one scenario that would tempt Billy Knight into making the deal. That scenario is not the one that goes through Denver, because Billy obviously doesn't want Earl Watson.

If the Lakers become a big player for Ron Artest, then I can see Billy trying to get Lamar Odom. Otherwise, I believe Billy would rather sit on what he currently has.

• Premium Member

I read where Walsh said a few things about dealing Artest. He said that he didn't want a Sf in return because of the maturation of Granger (speculation). Previously and recently, Walsh did say that he wanted a young player in return for Artest.

My feeling is that Walsh wants a young point. He was really pushing for Harris. With news that LAC has gotten involved in the deal, I can't help but wonder if the deal will be Artest for Wilcox/Livingston.

If that is the deal, I can't imagine BK not trying to get involved.

I suppose that Indy will trade Artest for Wilcox/Livingston. Or some other deal that lands Livingston/Mobley.

Does that mean that Al will remain a Hawk? Not really. I think there are other teams out there (namely Chicago, NY) that will try to deal for Al. One concern is that NY tries to give us Rose/pick (Toronto) for Al/Delk...