• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I can't believe...

Diesel

• Premium Member

That any of you guys who watched the game, watched it and said nothing about all the fouls committed against US in the 4th and nothing...

I mean DAMN, Al was fouled 3 times on the drive and no call.

Damn, Smoove was pushed out of bounds on his shot and no call.

Meanwhile, Cha was given touch fouls.

I believe that we showed that we can dominate this team in the 3rd with the 26-3 run.. But damn, can we get a call in the 4th???

Blaming the loss on the refs?

I think Ive got some better reasons why we lost.

1) Melvin Ely and Primozjbfe Brezcdfghkj owned smoove, al, and zaza in the paint.

2)JJ wasnt taking shots in the 4th.

3) The team collectively did not play any sort of defense. Especially on brevin knight.

4)We just flat out didnt show up to play last night.

Yeah, and as Smitty pointed out Al also pushed off on that play so it was a good no call..The refs didn't cost the Hawks this game..Sleepwalking through most of the game is what cost the Hawks..They came out flat and finished flat.The Hawks have played poorly in 3 of the last 4..We were lousy against Denver but luckily they were playing with a depleted roster on the last game of a long road trip, we were buried by Miami, played well against the sixers, and were flat again last night..This is my complaint with Woody, we simply don't play hard every game..

• Premium Member

I disagree with the Lack of defense. To somebody reading the boxscore that might fly, but our defense wasn't bad last night.

I mean, we made rotations, we forced them to shoot the lower percentage shots.

I think mainly what it comes down to is that we slept through most of the game, we didn't execute a winning gameplan i.e. post up JJ, attack the post.

In the 3rd qtr, about 7+ minutes, they were up on us 59 to 48. At the end of the qtr we were leading 74 to 67. I think when you consider that stretch, we did everything right.

There was a lot of blame on Lue but the truth is that Brevin hit some difficult shots. Also, Charlotte executed their plays very well. I mean on the play that put them up by 1 at the end. They drew us in with the drive and kicked over to Smoove's man. That was good execution. They did that most of the night. I can't blame our defense 100% when the other team is executing and hitting hard shots. Bad defense is if they were just doing the layup drill on our guys...(and we have seen that before)... but this was not the case here.

• Premium Member

I just find it hard to beleive that young guys can't get up for a game. They should want to prove they are building as a team. Charlotte did not have their best player in Okafor or Sean May either.

The Hawks have played well at times this year and other times just went through then motions. It's just the maturity factor I guess.

• Premium Member

I agree that it wasn't the refs fault that we were in the position we were in...

However, when we had come back, taken the lead.. The refs played their role. There were many uncalled fouls for us and many touch fouls given to them.

I don't know if they were trying to make the game more exciting in the end, but damn... How many times can you watch a guy get fouled on a shot and not get a call or watch Al get Brutalized... I'm sorry... Wallace fouled all day... I'm watching it again just to try to prove that I'm not being biased. I'm looking for the push off.. Wallace had no position on either one of his blocks on AL, he just comes from the backside to do a block and ends up getting all kind of body contact...

Actually, Woody himself said we had no defense last night- its in the print version of the AJC so I can't cut/paste quote here.

The defense on this team is just bad. There is no way to sugar coat it.

The refs have gotten us in numerous games this year, but last night we should have taken the b-cats to the woodshed, but we slept through most of the game. The team, also, doesn't have a guy to go to in crunch time. JJ seems to disappear, Al can't create his own shot in the paint during the fourth. When we get open looks for Smoove he passes, unless he's 20' from the basket. Very frustrating to watch. They need to get more aggressive on both ends of the court and play with purpose all the time.

I watched the entire game, did you?..We played lackluster defense all night..They easily drove into the paint and got fouled or had an easy shot..It sure wasn't the refs...How can you say "we slept through most of the game", but say we played good defense??That makes no sense.

Quote:

.. for the loss is that Nicholas did not eat corndogs last night. That's the only thing I can think of.

i only eat them at lunch on workdays and i didn't work on monday or tuesday, so i didn't eat any

guess i should change it to weekdays instead of workdays

hopefully we'll win again tonite so i can eat some tomorrow...i was looking forward to today's lunch but now i can't eat them frown.gif

btw, the game isn't on tv tonight (neither game in toronto this season is on tv)

Quote:

Quote:

.. for the loss is that Nicholas did not eat corndogs last night. That's the only thing I can think of.

i only eat them at lunch on workdays and i didn't work on monday or tuesday, so i didn't eat any

guess i should change it to weekdays instead of workdays

hopefully we'll win again tonite so i can eat some tomorrow...i was looking forward to today's lunch but now i can't eat them frown.gif

btw, the game isn't on tv tonight (neither game in toronto this season is on tv)

Actually, the game is on the NBA package tonight. FYI. It is on NBA1 on DirecTV.

Quote:

by tv i meant free or cable tv, not part of a paid package like nbatv or league pass

it's not on pax(i), fsn, turnersouth so we don't get it without paying for a league-wide year-long service

on a side note: i'd pay $5 if it were on pay-per-view to watch this individual game

That's what I figured, but I thought i'd at least let everyone know what the options are. get to a bar with the package and buy 2 beers. $5 to watch the game!