what happened in the 4th?

gsuteke

These are the guys that are hindering this team from progressing and blossoming:

1. MIKE WOODSON - We have to fire this guys to give our a guys a decent coaching system to even grow into. These guiys are soon grow into habitual losers with a system that doesn't serve as a good fit for the talent in any way.

2. Tyronn Lue - He has to go in any deal we make (hopefully LAL, who wanted him in the summer). He's really keeping our progress halted with his horrible defense on PG. Especially his 4th qtr. defense on the last 3 teams' PGs - Mike James, Brevin Knight, Raymond Felton, Derrick (80 years old) Martin, Jaque VAUGHN!!! OMG he at least needs to give some of those minutes way Salim more.

3. Al - I only say this because he's the only valuable bait that we are dangling and the only guys who can return us a good player to fill a need. Other that, I think we should go ahead and get a jump on resigning before the summer so other teams can't offer anything.

We goota use this Atest saga to land us either Andre Miller or Lamar Odom before it's too late. I think those 2 teams want Artest badly and both can sacrifice the best players to get him.

Quote:

2. Tyronn Lue - He has to go in any deal we make (hopefully LAL, who wanted him in the summer). He's really keeping our progress halted with his horrible defense on PG. Especially his 4th qtr. defense on the last 3 teams' PGs - Mike James, Brevin Knight, Raymond Felton,

You are really clueless. The Hawks had a 7 pt lead at the end of the third. Lue started the 4th on the bench after hurting his elbow taking a charge (his second of the game). When he came back in the game was tied. Toronto's big run was with him on the bench.

Salim did an awful job running the point. It was a turnover fest. And then guys started shortarming shots.

The Hawks turnovers have cost them the games. They had 7 turnovers in the 4th tonight.

And what is this nonsense about Knight going off on Lue? Knight shot 39% that game, Lue 58%. BK played 10 more minutes but scored only 5 more points. They had the same number of assists and Lue had no turnovers that game compared to 2 for Knight.

I understand Lue is weak on D but at least get your facts straight.

zaza sat first 5 min of 4th and we never built on the 7pt lead. whenever he got touches he was scorin on crafty spin moves and FTs. careless ball handling/passing by salim, al and jj. poor shot selection (smoove, al) and NO defense except for chillz (who couldn't finish on the break- shoulda pulled it back out). we could use eisley especially in the 4th.

I tend to agree more with Exodus. Salim at the point and Zaza on the bench brought Toronto back into the game. It was ugly.

In fairness to Salim he got a questionable offensive foul called on him while making a shot, but he was just not very effective as the PG.

The other problem down the stretch was getting the ball to JJ with Mike James on him. They were trying to get him the ball and couldn't, it would have been instant offense. JJ was brought into to take advantage of situations like this. How could we not get him the ball?

I was questioning Woodson's player rotations in the 4th quarter. Al went cold at the end, but took what looked like good shots.

My wife and I wanted to vomit.

The worst part was this guy trying to teach my 2 year old son Raptor chants. I wanted to smack him in the face, especially after we choked.

Positives: Josh Smith drove to the basket more. With him being a good FT shooter and the fact that he skys above everyone else when he gets near the rim, I SOOOO wish he'd do this more often. He definitely got in a groove there in the first half...

Negatives: Salim. Didn't answer the call when we needed him with Lue down. Seems the team as a whole just deflated when he came in. Maybe they feel he's only lookin' for his shot.

Also, could not defend the weakside corner 3 pt shot. Toronto would overload one side then kick it around the perimeter to the opposite corner and open 3 pointers galore. Derrick Martin stepped up big for Toronto towards the end draining these corner 3s along with Peterson. Would like to have seen an adjustment but Toronto kept going back to that play with regularity since Woody didn't adjust and they kept draining them.

To be in somewhat control the whole game and to finish like that was very disheartening.

Salim was simply awful last night. He dribbled the ball off his leg. Took the ball up the court carelessly (James stole the ball), drove to the lane and was called for a charge (it was the right call by the refs). He just seems to be out of sync with the rest of the team.

Harrington also played poorly. I don't know if he was trying too hard and was tight on his shot, but everything he put up from the 3 point stipe to around the basket barely hit the rim let alone went in. He also couldn't draw a foul.

The last thing that killed us was defensive rotations. We kept leaving guys opne on the wing to knock down threes. Really poor defense, esp in the 4th.