• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington Poll

exodus

• Premium Member

No.

People (all people) see what they want to see... That's why the Gospels are synoptic.

Still... that doesn't change the fact that it's a team defensive break down and you trying to make it All Al's fault is ridiculous especially when it's gaurd's doing all the damage.

Its pretty simple there is no point in resigning Al Harrington. Because it will only delay the progession of young guys in Marvin Williams and Smoove. Al Harrington already said he is gonna test free agency because winning is important to him so is money and he will be looking to make the most money possible. The Hawks would be dumb to resign him to a max deal he is not worth it. We keep Al Harrington and then the young guys dont get the minutes to become big time players. Trade him for something or lose him for nothing. I like the deal someone said earlier for Livingston he would be great fit for this team.

• Premium Member

It makes no sense to trade Al just to make room for a player that may never develop...

Let me give you some examples..

We passed over MANY players waiting for JT to develop.

Jamal Tinsley (who we drafted).

Tony Parker (who we could have drafted).

Barbos

Josh Howard (who we didn't draft because JT needed a surrogate).

Those were just the missed draft picks. Then there was FA Acquisitions.

The point is Smoove and Marvin can get playing time. Hell, they can split the Sf position and when they have shown that they need more time, then we can look to make a trade...

BUT you don't get rid of a good player just because you have potential.

Is Toronto running out to trade Chris Bosh because they have Villaneuva?

Has Charlotte started shopping Okafor because they have May?

Did I miss the Sonics trading R. Lewis because of Wilkins?

Quote:

that doesn't change the fact that it's a team defensive break down and you trying to make it All Al's fault is ridiculous especially when it's gaurd's doing all the damage.

So who is the main reason for the Hawks weak defense then?

Ivey plays only 10 minutes a game.

Salim only plays spot minutes.

Marvin doesn't play many minutes.

Lue had missed the last two games and only plays 24 minutes when he does play.

Childress is actually playing better on D this year.

Zaza is weak but, according to you, he can't be the problem since guards are doing the damage.

Smoove is a way better defender than Harrington.

JJ is the only other player who plays big minutes and he is the best defender on the roster.

So who is the main reason the Hawks D is so weak?

I guess next you will try to blame the coach to deflect blame away from Al.

Quote:

Quote:

that doesn't change the fact that it's a team defensive break down and you trying to make it All Al's fault is ridiculous especially when it's gaurd's doing all the damage.

So who is the main reason for the Hawks weak defense then?

Ivey plays only 10 minutes a game.

Salim only plays spot minutes.

Marvin doesn't play many minutes.

Lue had missed the last two games and only plays 24 minutes when he does play.

Childress is actually playing better on D this year.

Zaza is weak but, according to you, he can't be the problem since guards are doing the damage.

Smoove is a way better defender than Harrington.

JJ is the only other player who plays big minutes and he is the best defender on the roster.

So who is the main reason the Hawks D is so weak?

I guess next you will try to blame the coach to deflect blame away from Al.

agree with everything you said except about JJ being the best defender on the team I would say that CHILL and SMOOVE are better defenders than JJ

Quote:

Quote:

So far a clear majority simply want Al gone. Of course it may take another day or two to get a full response.

No, I voted that I wanted him gone because I want a SNT. It's not that I think he's garbage.

i don't think anybody wants him just gone; everyone that wants him to not be here next year want him to be traded/snt for some assets

• Moderators

I am not putting an answer on this because I could be happy or unhappy either way.

If we deal Al for some serious assets or resign him at a good price I view that as good news for the long-term health of this franchise.

If we deal Al for junk or resign him at a ridiculous price that would set the team back in its development.

I guess my answer is "it depends..."