• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Biggest mistake....

Diesel

• Moderators

Quote:

I would have agreed with you but I found out that Marvin has played More minutes than Darko. Now.. the Darko Bust talk has to kinda go out the window... He hasn't been given a Chance... Nobody is trading Ben Wallace or Rasheed so that Darko can get playing time.. What are they doing, just winning...

He has gotten a chance to earn minutes. They had Okur as a key center in the rotation and shipped him out of town to make room for Darko and Darko didn't step up. Larry Brown is notorious for not playing young players but consider some facts:

(1) Darko is actually playing less this year than last year with Flip Saunders now in charge.

(2) The Wallaces missed a combined 15 games in 2003 and 11 in 2004. Darko didn't get big minutes even when they weren't playing. Moreover, the big man rotation there is not THAT crowded. You have the Wallaces who are the obvious starters at PF and C. Then you have McDyess. Then you have...nobody. If Darko was capable of playing some decent minutes they would let him spell one of the Wallaces for a few minutes.

There are 96 minutes at the PF/C positions.

Ben Wallace plays 30.8 mpg this year.

Rasheed Wallace plays 34.5 mpg this year.

McDyess plays 19.6 mpg.

In an average game that means, there are 11 minutes of additional time when those guys aren't playing.

Darko has played 126 of nearly 400 possible minutes - less than one third the time available for scraps.

Darko has averaged just less than 6 mpg over his career. He is not like Jermaine ONeal. ONeal was also buried behind some very talented guys in Portland but he got over 10 mpg both his rookie year and second year in the league. Why is Darko getting half the time that Jermaine ONeal did?

They have made a deliberate decision not to invest time in him for one of two reasons:

(1) He sucks so bad he would cause the team to lose some of those games if given those minutes.

(2) He has proven he has no upside and the minutes are better spent developing or rewarding another player.

Either way, in his 3rd year as the 2nd overall pick that is horrible.

A pretty fair summary. If in Marvin's 3rd year he's getting Darko type minutes behind Josh Smith at the PF and J. Childress at the SF, I will agree that he's as big a bust as Darko. But up to now, Marvin is already light years beyond what Darko has done by just being an above average bench player on the worst team in the league.

are we ACTUALLY trying to compare Darko to Marvin? Is this a serious thread? first trade JJ and now comparing those two...

MARVIN WILLIAMS HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE ALL OF A THIRD OF A SEASON!! CAPS LOCK ISN'T BIG ENOUGH...

dude, if you got an opinion fine...but to perpetuate such silliness is insane...sure there some other insane people out there who will say the same thing but come on...

hey, if you want to find out for sure, get rid of Al, put Josh Smith at the 4 and Marvin at the three FOR 40 MINUTES A GAME..and let's see what happens...that's my vote..

just insane i tell you.