• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al is not going to be traded

CrawDaddy

The first round picks that Denver is offering won't be seen till the 2008 and 2010 drafts. Billy wants at least one extra pick in one of the next two drafts. He doesn't want to wait till 2008 to see the first draft pick.

The Hawks do have an interest in Nene though, and they will likely sign him to an offer sheet in the offseason.

However, they Hawks aren't going to take that deal when they know Chicago is sitting there with the ability to give us a first round pick in 2006 as well as 2008.

Everyone is interpreting the lack of execution in the Denver deal to mean that BK has things brewing in the GM pot for some upcoming mind boggling trade. I interpret it that Al is a Hawk until he chooses to sign elsewhere. As stated before, I have serious doubts that a better deal exists than the Denver offer. Regardless of when the #1's come, it's still two #1's and a legitimate defensive center. What else could we possibly be asking for?

If we do end up bartering with Chicago, I'll admit to everyone that I was wrong. I just don't trust Billy Knight's competence, and thus my team's construction lies in the hands of a fool.

in '07, let alone '08 or '09 because we will SUCK. We can't keep bringing in youth and letting talented young veterans go and expect to improve. Even if we get the number one overall pick and get Aldridge, a lineup of:

Nene/Zaza

Aldridge/Smoove

Marvin/Chillz

JJ/Salim

????/Lue/Ivey

is not likely to win many more games than we will win this year. JJ is the only proven commodity in the whole bunch. When that group started off about like this one did, BK and Woodson would get the axe.

If we trade Al (and I'm not sure we should), I hope we get back PROVEN veteran talent in return. Heck, I'd package our lottery pick next year with Al if it would bring in the right player.

Quote:

Heck, I'd package our lottery pick next year with Al if it would bring in the right player.

Oh I would definitely do that for the right guy. Youth has already been more than served on this team, now it's really time to get some experienced players in my opinion.

• Premium Member

Too many guys here wants JJ to babysit the youth and bring more youth.

I watch our team with the young players we have... None of them are ready to produce consistently. Our team would be Clipps South...

The Clipps winning did not happen until they got some proven commodities... and stop giving proven commodities away.

Quote:

JJ is two years older than Childress. That addition is giving you trouble again I see.

JJ's young in terms of age but he's a veteran in terms of service and experience. You've been in the league for 5 years, that makes you a veteran irregardless of your age. Not to speak for Diesel or anything, but I believe that is probably the point he was getting at- and it's a valid one in my opinion.

Quote:

Three years ago JJ was averaging 10 ppg and now he is a grizzled vet all of a sudden?

No, it's a very simple and straightforward equation. You've been in the league for 5 years, that makes you a vet. 5 years = veteran player.

I'm not sure what his points per game 3 years ago has to do with it?

Quote:

Now let's take 5 and subtract 2 and what do you get?

Ok, well I believe at this point you're just being foolish and arguing simply for the sake of argument, so I guess you'll have to wait for Diesel to come back online in order to get your need for conflict filled- cause I got neither the time nor the inclination to do so.