• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Wallace in a Hawks uniform

Devon

That would be so freakin' amazing...

He's not a true center, but yet can rebound and bang with the best of em'.

I slap guarantee that adding him would REVOLUTIONIZE Josh Smith into a serious Post Player, Rebounder, and defender. Having to go up against Big Ben every day in practice would make all of our people better!

Think About it

Big Ben Wallace - Zaza Pachulia

Josh Smith - Lamarcus Aldridge (PLEASE GOD!!!)

Marvin Williams - Josh Childress

Joe Johnson - Josh Childress

* Draft Pick* - Tyronn Lue - Royal Ivey

If we trade Al and get a decent pick for it that team could be sick!!!

Especially if we can snag LaMarcus Aldridge, and maybe even Daniel Gibson or PJ Tucker!

Quote:

He is only marginally better than Zaza.

this is a retarded statement. Wallace is getting old and will be making a ton of cash, so I might not bring him over either. But Big Ben is 10 times the player Zaza is. If Zaza was on the pistons right now he'd be getting 4 minutes per game

Like I said in the post above...you all are mezmorized by the floppy hair and biceps and the fact that the pistons as a team are kickin everyone's ass...but the fact of the matter is that he averages 8 points 12 rebounds 2.27 block shots per game while shooting 40% from the FT line in 37 minutes.

Zaza averages 12/8 in 31 mpg so where is the 10 times better?

Maybe if Zaza got some tatoos a buzz cut and started clotheslining people in the lane then maybe he could be appreciated by NBA fans. It is the same hype bullsh*t that puts Yao Ming as starter in the All star game.

he is surrounded by talent. If he was on this team instead of zaza and he got the ball in the post on offense a lot, he'd probably be averaging 13pts 15rebounds 3+blocks, something like that.

All you're looking at is averages this year, and yes Zaza looks good. But you have to consider the situations and the individual talents. If you put Zaza on the pistons right now instead of ben, he'd be lucky to be averaging 5 pts, honestly

stop focusing on stats so much.

• Premium Member

If you have looked over his career... Ben Wallace has always done well when he has had big PFs who don't rebound strongly by his side.

First in Detroit there was Joe Smith. I remember this season well because Ben and Joe would get out there and Ben would grab everything moving. Then JUNKYARD DOG would sub in for Joe and JYD would suck up everything moving.

Next it was Ben Wallace and Uncle Cliffy. You know Uncle Cliffy wasn't going to grab any rebounds.

Finally, it was Ben Wallace and Rasheed. Sheed is the perfect compliment. 6'11 or so and not a threat to stay inside long enough to collect rebounds.

The thing about all three of these guys and Okur is that they would take their men out of the paint and allow Ben to work on offense and on defense, they were big enough to cause problems.

If we brought Ben here, I don't think his scoring would improve. If you watch him you know that he is a good garbage scorer but he doesn't create well. I think that Smoove would benefit playing next to Wallace because Smoove has good rebounding tendencies.. I think Wallace would make Smoove work harder. There would be no laziness in his game.

Quote:

That would be so freakin' amazing...

Think About it

Big Ben Wallace - Zaza Pachulia

Josh Smith - Lamarcus Aldridge (PLEASE GOD!!!)

Marvin Williams - Josh Childress

Joe Johnson - Josh Childress

* Draft Pick* - Tyronn Lue - Royal Ivey

Your nickname is Salim but you don't write Salim for any roster?? confused.gif

Quote:

Looking at it statistically and considering his age and his price...I wouldn't bring in Wallace.
He is only marginally better than Zaza.
And before you laugh look at the numbers.

Don't get caught up in his teams success and Wallace's popularity...he shouldn't even be an all star.

You should have your basketball privileges taken away from you...

PER's (15 = average)

Zaza = 14.31 (below average)

Ben = 18.36 (well above average)

There is nothing marginal about how much better Ben is than Zazaz...

• Admin

Zaza might know the path. But Ben Wallace walks it. You can look at some paper stats and say "zaza is nearly as good as Ben wallace" and that would make you the laughing stock of ANY basketball discussion on the planet (as it has here). Zaza may be a good rebounder and he has a solid offensive game (he does have more potential here than Ben). But he plays zero defense. He is routinely beaten down and pushed around by sub-par talent. Ben Wallace doesn't get pushed around by ANYONE. You can act like a boob and say it's because of his "floppy Hair and biceps". But that just shows that you either 1. Have never seen Ben wallace play a game, 2. you have some sort of grudge against him, 3, you have the basketball knowledge of a sack of hair.

He is the premier defensive big man in the league, a consistant all-star, a regular DPOY candidate and one of the biggest defensive presences in the game since 2000.

But don't worry, we have zero chance of getting Ben Wallace here.

What was Ben W. doing @ age 21? How many games has he

got under his belt? Experience is a great teacher.

When you compare the 2, you must consider all this.

Zaza is no all star. Big Ben is. He has earned it over

a long period of time and playing in championship games.

Zaza is better than we thought he was when we signed him.

Zaza will continue to improve, hopefully for many years.

Batman is great for what he does. Comes in for limited

minutes, plays the enforcer, then leaves. He couldn't

play starter minutes for us. He would foul out. He's

a great 12th man on our roster. Our "Tractor Trailer"

type player we have needed for so long. And, he will

also get better.

grin.gif