• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big game Zaza...

Diesel

• Premium Member

better yet, Big 2nd half Zaza.

I think a big part of our winning was Zaza outplaying both Mcdyess and Ben Wallace in the 2nd half. Did you see how often Zaza got rebounding position on these two?? Ben Who?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think a big part of our winning was Zaza outplaying both Mcdyess and Ben Wallace in the 2nd half. Did you see how often Zaza got rebounding position on these two?? Ben Who?

This guy is getting better and better as time passes. I don't know who is coaching him but man he has grown from the bull in the china shop forcing up shot to a center that uses his intelligence to get rebounds & position himself defensively. He is making much better passes now. Even his shot selection is improving. What a steal!

• Premium Member

I like it when Al and JJ draw the defense to the low post and then pass it out to the wide open Zaza in the high post!! But yeah, he was impressive last night against arguably the best frontline in basketball.

Quote:

Quote:

This guy is getting better and better as time passes. I don't know who is coaching him but man he has grown from the bull in the china shop forcing up shot to a center that uses his intelligence to get rebounds & position himself defensively. He is making much better passes now. Even his shot selection is improving. What a steal!

Trust me, when I saw ZaZa and Edwards, I threw up... I figured after Collier passing that our center position would be our un-doing. ZaZa has emerged as a great offensive rebounder and if he continues to improve, I wouldn't mind him staying around for a long time!

You guys make me sick.. Last week i was the only one defending him when you guys wanted to put him in several trades.. I dont like when people go by the latest result. When he has a bad game trade him!! Whe he has a good game then he is untouchable wow. Chill guys he is only 21 and he can only get better. He was the steal in the Fa and will allways be. Last night he was smarter then Big Ben that pump fake and a dunk was sick DAMN!

I don't understand that

Diesel please agree that you proposed to trade him last week

Thak you

• Premium Member

Here's EXACTLY what I said...

Quote:

Actually, we ought to trade Zaza too.

Even though Zaza leads all big men in Oreb and steals, He provides nothing for us. I think Batman given more time could do just as well as Zaza. Zaza makes too much money to keep around when his defense is so bad. I think we ought to see if Charlotte would take Zaza for Brevin Knight. Or if N.O. will take Zaza for Speedy Claxton.

Both Al and Zaza are wasted here. We need to play all of our young guys and all of these guys who are weak on defense has to go.

Maybe you're not quick enough to notice the paralell I have drawn with Al and Zaza. You see, people like you HARP on Al being a bad defensive player and that being a reason why we should trade him. So, my statement was Let's get rid of all of our productive offensive Weak defensive players..> That would be Zaza too. You can be SICK all you want, but when you finish being sick, why don't you try not being a Hypocrite as well...

I don't have problem whatever you said about AL, but Zaza is only 21 and he can only get better and this is his first season in Atl and first one as a starter

Damn you can defend yourself Diesel and you did said we got to trade Zaza too. I allready said this once but at least Zaza tries Al dosen't you get it? Al goes for a foul and Zaza goes for the block.(well he cant really jump high so that's why he commits a foul) I rather have Zaza defending 4 or 5 instead of Al any day..

If the Hawks are able to land one or two bigs over the summer I wouldn't hesitate to trade Zaza if we could get a pg in return.

Zaza got off easy last night because Ben isn't a scorer and Detroit doesn't drive much. Plus Zaza got bailed out by the refs a few times.

If they draft a big and get one in free agency Zaza is expendable. He could be traded to possibly bring in a pg.

Zaza can't defend the rim at all. Guys shoot layups over him or around him all the time. He tries, but he just can't contest shots.

Also he is shooting very poorly for a center and turns it over too much.

Some of you just don't get it, do you?

Sometimes Diesel is dead serious about trades, etc.

Sometimes, it is with tongue firmly implanted in cheek,

that he makes some wild statement to get all you guys

to grab and run with what he's saying.

Reminds me of the old Peter Paul candy commercial:

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Almond joy's got nuts. Mound's don't.

Sometimes Diesel is dead serious. Sometimes he's not.

grin.gif

Ex, he isn't showing much defensive prowess at this point, but he's young as hell and has plenty of room to grow in all facets of his game.

His promise is pretty underrated league wide. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about him being one of the NBA's most improved players.

His first step and spins catch you so off guard when you watch him, especially when you're a slow white guy, and you expect Zaza to play like a slow white guy. He doesn't

He's not an All Star kind of guy, and he's be awesome matched up with a defensive big, but let's hang on to the talent we DO have if we can.

Hey I spent a whole thread trying to defend Zaza and I get called an idiot.

But I had this observation....Zaza drives me crazy when he gets the ball wide open from about 15 feet and he refuses to take that jumper. 85% of the time he puts the ball on the floor and drives to the lane with reckless abandon. SHOOT THE DANG BALL ZAZA!!!!!!!!!!