• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Morrison or Marvin?

Dakin

Comparisons are stupid. Bird makes sense, so does Carmello even a mini Dirk Nowitski.

he's gone cold in the second half, looks frustrated with the defense and he's settling for 3's. I think youre crazy if you think he's gonna be a lesser player than Luke Jackson.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Both players are guys I would consider with a mid first round, possible late lottery pick because they will be able to come in and fill a role on the team. I don't see them being anything but role players in the NBA though.

LOL at mid first. He's top 5 easy. He's quite a talent.

His lack of size isnt the reason that I would pick him in the draft.

However he plays against much tougher competition than Morrison, and he is usually playing against bigger guys and still lights them up.

For POY i would take Redick. In the draft....if I am atlanta I take neither.

That was a nasty 3 though. Had to be NBA range.

he scores from everywhere. nobody can gaurd him. He just scored 11 straight points to ice the game. And no hes not just coming off screens, thats moroinic. He shoots and scores with guys all over him, he has to. What else do you want? Some of you people are unbelievable.

Best first step? Since when?

If he's got the best first step in college basketball, then college basketball is in sad shape athletically.

This guy is as slow as molasses with the ball in his hand. His moves to the basket are very deliberate. He could barely shake Dan Grunfeld at times in this game. I don't think I've seen a player that is more awkward looking when running the floor. The guy just looks completely unathletic.

He's a great shooter. That's it. It does him well at the college level, but in the NBA, he's going to be going up against Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest, LeBron James, Marvin Williams....some of the best small forwards in the game. They will all abuse him in the league.

This guy is not Larry Bird, and he's not as athletic as Wally Szczerbiak, Mike Miller, and Luke Jackson were.

don't you guys understand that sometimes a player has something in them that you can't measure with scales, measuring tape, times in speed drills, and things like that? Adam Morrison has the fire, clutch performing, and leadership ability that will make him a great player and a star. He is already a star, he is the most exciting player in the country, he is the only guy in the draft that could potentially boost sales for season tickets. He will probably put up close to 20ppg in his rookie season, I know the Hawks don't need another foward, but i'd draft him anyway, they didn't mind taking another forward last year, and Morrison is better than Marvin, and Smoove put together.

talent is one thing, what you do on the court is another, there have been plenty of players who have talent and never amount to anything, because they don't have the desire to be great, so far marvin and smoove have not shown they have that, Morrison shows it every time he takes the floor.

How have Marvin and Josh not shown the desire to be great?

Oh, I keep forgetting. At 19 and 20 years of age respectively, they should be dominating the league right now. Josh only busted his rear end in the offseason to improve his jump shot. Marvin is simply getting his feet wet in the NBA right now, yet he has improved in every month and is one of the best rebounders on the team. Adam Morrison wishes he had Marvin's combination of elite athleticism and elite skill level.

The fact is, the 2006 draft will be a one player draft just as the 2005 draft was a one player draft. The team getting the first pick this year will get Rudy Gay. Gay is the best pro prospect in college basketball, not Adam Morrison.

Last year, it was the Marvin Williams draft. This year, it is the Rudy Gay draft.

Quote:

don't you guys understand that sometimes a player has something in them that you can't measure with scales, measuring tape, times in speed drills, and things like that? Adam Morrison has the fire, clutch performing, and leadership ability that will make him a great player and a star. He is already a star, he is the most exciting player in the country, he is the only guy in the draft that could potentially boost sales for season tickets. He will probably put up close to 20ppg in his rookie season, I know the Hawks don't need another foward, but i'd draft him anyway, they didn't mind taking another forward last year, and Morrison is better than Marvin, and Smoove put together.

If he averages 20.0 points in his rookie season i will never post here any more.