Morrison or Marvin?

Dakin

it really does'nt matter how good of a player MORRISON is he is not a need for this team we need a PG or BIG MAN mainly WILLIAMS or ALDRIGE or PG like GIBSON not a SF like MORRISON or GAY KNIGHT can not make the same mistake again this year by drafting another SF when we clearly need a player on our team who can play PG or C

GIBSON?or TRADE

JOHNSON

WILLIAMS

SMITH

ZA-ZA

or

TRADE

JOHNSON

WILLIAMS

SMITH

WILLIAMS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Morrison>Marvin. Right now at least.

man you are koo koo for coco puffs!!

Not even close at this point. Adam is ready to step in and play now. He has all the NBA skills, but needs a shade of defense. He was mixing it up for boards, making outside shots, making moves in the paint, making nice passes...I love his game.

Anyone who can't see it is blind.

My opinion is that Marvin blows away Morrison as far as pure athleticism goes, but Morrison is ahead at this time as far as basketball skills go. But again, Morrison is two years older than Marvin and is in his third season as a starter in college ball.

Teams should never, never draft a player based simply on need. You build teams that will make a quick exit in the playoffs by doing that. A draft approach should always be to draft the best player you can possibly get. If that player happens to play a position of need, then that's fine. You NEVER pass on a player that is considered the best player in the draft to take a player that is rated considerably lower just because he plays a position of need.

Do you realize how stupid the Hawks would be to pass on some of the top players that will be rated in the top 5 in this draft just to take Shelden Williams because he fills a position of need? Shelden wouldn't be a bad pick around the 8th-10th picks, but he is not a top 5 pick. I couldn't imagine taking Shelden Williams over much better prospects like Ronnie Brewer, Rodney Carney, or Tyrus Thomas.

Quote:

Teams should never, never draft a player based simply on need. You build teams that will make a quick exit in the playoffs by doing that. A draft approach should always be to draft the best player you can possibly get. If that player happens to play a position of need, then that's fine. You NEVER pass on a player that is considered the best player in the draft to take a player that is rated considerably lower just because he plays a position of need.

Do you realize how stupid the Hawks would be to pass on some of the top players that will be rated in the top 5 in this draft just to take Shelden Williams because he fills a position of need? Shelden wouldn't be a bad pick around the 8th-10th picks, but he is not a top 5 pick. I couldn't imagine taking Shelden Williams over much better prospects like Ronnie Brewer, Rodney Carney, or Tyrus Thomas.

Exatcly!

Quote:

Agree completely. You always take the best available, and then if need be you can make a trade later on.

lol at morrison not being able to create his own shot. Spoken like a Duke fan who can't stand the fact that Reddick's probly gonna finish 2nd for POY.

watch the highlights from last night on this link and tell me he can't create his own shot or that he's just a set shooter

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260422250

also, i've never seen collins play but what's so great about him. Judging by his numbers he's not gonna be any kind of factor as far as shooting 3's and his overall shooting and assist numbers aren't that impressive. The steals look good though.

Mardy Collins is basically an Aaron McKie clone. He's got good size and is an excellent defender. He's a little inconsistent with his jumper from the perimeter, but he has a nice all around skill set. He's probably not a full time point guard in the NBA, but he's a guy that will be able to handle the ball and set the offense on occasion.

My favorite shot from Morrison last night was the 3 he hit near the end of the game. He was a good 3 ft behind the line and he curled off the screen and went up quickly, no doubt before he even looked at the rim.

to hit a shot like that in crunch time was major clutch.

i remember when nash was coming up on his free agency, people (even here) were saying he wasn't athletic enough..his defense was nothing to be desired....you know, he's a white guy.

yet somehow with all that, false or not, he's a playmaker..a difference maker...he plays at 110% and is a winner..

adam morrison, different position, different skill set, same situation.

tough to take a sg, sf, pf (pf/c is fine) this draft

no big deal last year, as we have marvin/smoove as sf/pf and chill was gonna play sg (does well there, but now that we got joe, chill is gonna be a 30mpg 6th man at sg/sf, which is fine)

al has deficiencies and will get a contract offer that will make him get traded, so it was not a big deal to draft a forward since al was only here for another 1/2-1 season while marvin is a rookie and smoove/chill are still improving upon last year

but to get another sf this year would be bad; if we get lucky in the lotto to get the #1 pick, then take aldridge/shelden or trade down and get rondo + something else

Morrison is the real deal, apparently some of you don't watch much college basketball. A spot up shooter???? That's nonsense.

If he's the best guy available we need to take him. He IS better than Marvin at this point, he's had a lot more playing experience and he's a much different player. I think he'll be a fantastic shooting guard in this league and I won't be surprised if BK picks him.

JJ-Speedy

Morrison-Salim

Marvin-Childress

Josh Smith-Batista

Nene-Zaza

I know, JJ is not a "point guard"...but I wouldn't be at all surprised if BK rolls out this roster next season. Not a lot of defense there, but tons of firepower.

As I mentioned on another thread, he'll be on ESPN2 Tuesday night (02/14/06)... His stats are nothing to write home about, but commentators speak glowingly about him so I'm anxious to see what he's all about...

One of those type of players where his boxscore doesn't tell the whole story about his game...

• Moderators

Quote:

pretty nice article today about the diabetes issue.

Morrison: NBA teams shouldn't worry about illness

I am a diabetic so I can tell you that it will be an issue once in a blue moon during a game but that the rigidity of his diet on game days will make it MUCH less of an issue than for most diabetics and that routine along with his track record should not make it much of an issue on draft day.

On Morrison, I don't think he is a good fit for this team because of his position and I like the Carmello comparisons (who was also fantastic in college) better than the Bird ones.