• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Morrison or Marvin?

Dakin

I know its too late now, but if the Hawks have a chance to take Adam Morrison and pass because they already have Marvin, it's gonna be tough to watch. Marvin's got loads of potential no doubt, but Morrrison is a can't miss 20+ scorer. He shoots from everywhere, plays fearlessly, and is a natural leader. Not to mention the marketabilty of a guy like that for a team that desperately needs a face.

I hope Marvin develops. He's already known as the guy that kept us froom getting the new Isaah (although id rather see him as the guy that kept us from getting deron). I'd hate to see him become the guy that caused the Hawks to pass on the new Larry Bird (exaggerated comparison I know, but I'm talking about media and hype). Oh well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE are you serious we will not take MORRISON and he is not better than WILLIAMS period we will either take a big like WILLIAMS or ALDRIGE or a PG in GIBSON or RONDO the pick depends on what we will get back for AL . We dont need any more SF'S on this team I dont care how talented they are we need BIG'S and PG'S

I didn't say we do NEED more smallforwards. My point is, that we didn't really NEED more small forwards last year either. We took talent over need, whereas this year we may be forced to take need over talent. We might end up regretting both decisions. Aldridge looks good, but Morrison is by far the most talented offensive talent to come out in the last couple years. Not to mention the other attributes he brings, which I mentioned. Don't tell me its not gonna hurt to pass on 2 consecutive unanimous rookie of the years, which I think is very possible.

Of course, I'm not saying that the organization won't still be better off in the long run, just that its gonna be painful as a fan to see things develop that way.

yeah we did'nt but we took WILLIAMS any way, I used to feel much better about keeping AL at first if we did'nt draft WILLIAMS but my feelings have changed I want to see WILLIAMS and J-SMOOVE and J-CHILL have great careers and by drafting MORRISON is not the answer to them getting better, so you are saying we do the exact thing and take talent over need no we wont take him I think KNIGHT has learned his lesson.

MORRISON 6-9

JOHNSON6-9

WILLIAMS6-9 (NO) no more 6-9 players

SMITH6-9

ZA-ZA6-11

TRADE

JOHNSON

WILLIAMS

SMTIH

ALDRIGE or WILLIAMS This should be our future lineup

• Premium Member

The book on Morrison...

Tough. Extremely tough. I don't see any quit in him. He's also highly skilled and he's used to putting the team on his shoulders and winning.

I think he's a diabetic. I don't know if that's a big problem but I guess he deals now..

In comparison to Marvin, Morrison has more fire, more leadership, it will be interesting to see these two careers develop. I think you will see Morrison overcome a lack of athletic ability with sheer determination and will. Whereas Marvin will be handed everything and I doubt that he overcomes much.

How is he the most talented offensive prospect to come out in a while?

Adam is a great shooter and does a great job of coming off screens and curls for jumpers. He can't create his own shot though. Everything in Gonzaga's offense is ran for him. They run lots of screens, double screens, and curls just to get him open. Rarely will you ever see Adam Morrison on an isolation play where he is forced to take his man off the dribble. He's not that good of an athlete nor ball handler to play one on one basketball.

A lot of people want to compare him to Larry Bird, but the comparsion just doesn't fit. Bird was bigger and a much better rebounder and passer than Morrison is.

In terms of athleticism and overall skill, Morrison is behind Mike Miller and Luke Jackson, IMO.

Morrison's zags about to play stanford on ESPN, for anyone interested. They just compared him to pistol pete and larry bird. Wow, and peoploe thought Marvin was hyped.

On a related note, kinda funny in this day for 2 white dudes to be leading the country in scoring for top 5 teams. Would probly be 3 if Bogut stuck around. Also funny how many people are so certain about morrison and reddick that "their games won't translate to the NBA"

He's a gifted shooter. There's no doubt about that.

It's his lack of other peripheral skills that put a cap on his ability to play in the NBA. He's not going to be guarded by Dan Grunfield in the NBA.

He's also a terrible defender.

His offense in the NBA will be limited to that pull up jumper off the dribble if he can shake his man, the spot up jumper, and jumpers coming off screens. He won't be very good in transition, because he is a below average ball handler and isn't quick nor fast in the open floor.

The same thing goes for JJ Redick.

Everyone is comparing Morrison to Larry Bird, and that comparison can't be any farther off than it currently is. Larry Legend was a great scorer, rebounder, passer, defender, team player, and leader. The guy had a career average of 24.2 PPG, 10+ RPG, and 6.3 APG while collecting over 1,200 steals and 755 blocks in his career.

I don't buy the Bird comparisons either. I remember Bird well. In fact I watched that 1979 Indiana State-MSU game live.

Bird was very strong and could kill guys in the post. He also had the court vision of a pg.

I think Morrison and Redick will both do fine in the pros though. I think Redick is more athletic than he gets credit for.

No way BK picks either one though.