• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Predict Hawks Season In Signature

Nique21

OK, everybody put this year's Hawks Season in your signature. I got this idea from the Falcon's Website. Predict on what you think the Hawks will do this year, with their 02-03 Season. If you like your signature, you don't have to change it. Just add to it. If you need any help, just let me know. We will leave them there all year, and see who had the best idea right now, of how the Hawks were going to do this year.

OK I'm game! Altho, I'm kindof whimsical on my sig, if I hear something funny, it might have to change. Nique, do you really think we'll win that many this year? I'm optimistic but guarded, myself. I got us going 11-19 through the end of Dec, with Jan/March being our best months, breaking even in Feb. There was some talk about the W/L record in chat on Sat, particularly the road record. I have to say, that if Theo plays more than 60 games at the level he played against Indie, you and atlhawksfan could be right, we could end up pushing 50. But this being his first season back in 2 years, I'll be happy if Theo can help us win 42 and put us in the playoff hunt, even if it's a low seed.

Injuries could mess up a lot of things. I hope we are just 100% come playoff time. I think we can have a few injuries and still make the playoffs. Another thing is that other teams have injuries too. So no teams are going to play all 82 games injury free. Hopefully ours will be limited and timely. DJ is already a big part of the lineup, I just hope we can fill his void well.

I don't quite know how to put the prediction in my signature so I'll give my prediction here. The key to the entire season is health. If folks are going down right and left like last season, expect more of the same results. But if they're healthy, few teams in the East have as much talent and depth on paper even without Dermarr Johnson. The pressure is on Lon Kruger to get it done or get the resume ready; a 36-46 season won't do. There is no way that you can have this amount of talent on the roster and only improve by 2-5 games without some significant injuries, which IMHO will be the only thing that prevents them from making the playoffs (although a little more bulk wouldn't hurt either). With the addition of Robinson, Ham, and a returning (and hopefully healthy) Theo Ratliff, I think they improve by 14 games, go 47-35 and ruin someone's season in the playoffs. This year, the playoffs; next year will be damn scary.