• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks cut Williams and House, DJ a father!

Hawksfreak

Fred House and George Williams were cut by Lon Kruger Oct. 18th and the Hawks pre-season roster gets smaller. Looks like Rod Grizzard will be signing a contract soon with Atlanta and later (if does good) will sign a 2 year deal worth about $1,000,000 deal with the Hawks announces Pete Babcock. Rod "Blizzard" Grizzard has been showing his potential at practice and is impressing everyone around him. He might be our 12th man but see him surprise some people! DerMarr Johnson about 2 weeks after his father died is now a proud father and makes his life a little better. Get well soon DJ and we all will have your father in our hearts! Good Luck to Fred and George.

CC is starting the season on the injured list. Also, I seem to remember (and yes I know this was mentioned on the realgm board but I didn't respong) that the NBA had decided to eliminate the need for actual "medical documentation" for someone to be placed on the IR. Perhaps with our being over the cap, AOL decided that we could sign a local product with potential without really shooting ourselves in the foot...plus...any word on whether we applied for Injury compensation for DJ? I know that this has been discussed before, but I don't recall a resolution.

Has anyone asked Pete?

Why do you say CC is startin on the IR? I talked with his wife, Stacy, last Thursday and she said he was starting to run, do drills, and they checked the fluid in the knee (however in hell they do that) and everything looked really good. He definitely feels like he needs more conditioning. She didn't say anything about the IR. Just said they were going to bring him on slow. Watch for him to play limited minutes in regular season games.

With the season starting in less than two weeks and his still being listed as "out" on the Hawks Homepage Injury report, I somewhat assumed he'd be on the IR to start the season.

I could be wrong, but I also seem to recall that that was the initial prediction following the injury (the timeline for his recovery). If he's just starting drills/running, its doubtful that he'd be able to contribute next week. Common logic would say to start him on the IR.

Part of this also has to do with the "reliable" information (which I have yet to see published anywhere) that we signed Grizzard to a two-year deal. I really question if we did that, and if so, if it's partially guaranteed, fully, etc. My guess is that it's a non-guaranteed contract that we don't have to make good on for the year until Feb. (the typical process with that sort of thing).