• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's a thought!!!

Diesel

they sign Wilcox or their draft picks. They obviosuly can exceed the cap to resign Wilcox but will they? Last I heard, they were considering trading Allen because of his high salary. They also have Arena issues. If we offer Wilcox more than the MCE, I don't know if they will match.

• Moderators

Quote:

Unless you're talking about someone other than Chris Wilcox I'd say no. Maybe him and swapping picks, but no way straight up. I just don't see the upside compared to what we should be able to draft.

Exactly. No way on this deal.

He might not provide significant upside, but he's definitely a solid player who provides alot of energy. This might not be a good deal that was proposed, but I'd love to see Wilcox in a Hawks uni next season. He provides energy and a solid body in the paint.

Quote:

He might not provide significant upside, but he's definitely a solid player who provides alot of energy. This might not be a good deal that was proposed, but I'd love to see Wilcox in a Hawks uni next season. He provides energy and a solid body in the paint.

Agree...let's face it, we ain't gettin Ben Wallace but we need help in the paint. We have the skill players to win 1/2 our games next year (IMHO) if we improve our inside game up to about the level of average.

Quote:

I agree also, but definitely not for our 1st rounder. You can find energy players in the UFA line.

Help in the paint? Anderson should be coming next year. I heard he was the best center in the Euro leagues until he broke his ankle. We just signed Lang - probably a bust but maybe he just needs another chance. He has a big body and was fairly athletic. He never played in college so he'll need some real coaching. Then there is Morris who is a local kid who can sign anywhere now - he'd probably have a better opportunity with the Hawks. - - So I am not so gungho on Wilcox.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I agree also, but definitely not for our 1st rounder. You can find energy players in the UFA line.

Exactly. Wilcox has more physical talent than most FAs but we can't give up our first round lottery pick for someone like him.