• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks "Loading up the wagon"

Gray Mule

Hawks are ready for the final push of the season.

They have FINALLY filled their roster. They have gone

to the NBDL for a center and have recalled their own

2 guard.

With 6 more wins already, they are on schedule to push

away from the bottom of the pile. In order to reach

the 25 win floor we Hawk fans envisioned to begin this

season, we need 6 more victories.

Anything more than that is pure gravy on the potatoes!!

Don't just do something, stand there. Ha! Let's turn

things around, starting tonight and do something good!!

GO HAWKS !!!!!

grin.gif

Quote:

Yeah I hope he gets a little time anyway. I was hoping to see Lang in a game but I guess it was too early over the weekend. Realistically, I guess he could come and go on a couple 10-day contracts and never get into a game
mad.gif

True.

I hope we at least get to see him at shootaround tonight. I want to see just how big this big boy is.

I just don't see what the deal is w/ Donta. Outside the one game in pre-season, he has shown absolutely nothing. My goodness, he wasn't even a role player in the NBDL! What was he doing? Averaging 4PPG? Hardly enough to think he'll contribute w/ the big club.

he was averaging 14/4/3/2 in the NBDL

Still, the main problem with Donta is that only hawks' fans think that a mid second rounder is supposed to contribute much. Donta is pretty good,but it seems to me that it's only a matter of time before he's playing abroad

• Moderators

Quote:

I just don't see what the deal is w/ Donta. Outside the one game in pre-season, he has shown absolutely nothing. My goodness, he wasn't even a role player in the NBDL! What was he doing? Averaging 4PPG? Hardly enough to think he'll contribute w/ the big club.

??

He averaged over 4 RPG but averaged 14 PPG, 3 APG, 1.7 SPG and .7 bpg in the NBDL while shooting 57% from the field.

http://www.minnesotatimberwolves.com/dleag...smith/?nav=page

I stand corrected. I apologize for my uninformed post. Welcome back to the big club Donta! lol. Seriously, I agree we shouldn't give up hope on Salim because he's struggled lately. I wouldn't mind Donta getting some of those minutes, but I wouldn't go crazy and say give him most of them. There was a reason he was in the NBDL all season.

I don't think Donta could give the energy Ivey gives in those 11 minutes if he had 4 cups of coffee and 3 red bulls before entering the game. Ivey's stats aren't pretty, but he gives everything he's got when he's out there.

With the injuries and releasing of Delk, unless he stinks up the joint, he'll probably stay with the Hawks for the remainder of the season. Maybe he can make a difference for them, if nothing more than a better defensive presence

Quote:

Lang is on a 10 day contract. we've had for what, like 4 days already..time's a passing, we need to at least hire him for a reason.

there are NBA rules on how many active players you have to average for the whole season. It is possible that he's only there for that reason