• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ARE THE HAWKS ON THE 1st 4 GAMES(LEAGUE PASS)?

dimes4life

I believe they show an average of 5 games per day, or 35 games per week. When the Hawks played last year, they were usually on TV, but not always. I would say that you will get to see probably 60 Hawks games with the league pass if you arent blacked out. Its not completely like the NFL Sunday Ticket, but hey its still great to get to see that many games.

I saw the hawks a bit more than 60 times last year I think... (although I wasn't counting)... I ran into problems getting blazers games for completely different reasons however...

I believe I am outside of the sports blackout area. Why am I still getting blacked out from games?

You may have been blacked out from a game even though you seemed to be outside the blackout area. This can happen if a TV station near the team's home stadium has networked the games to a TV station nearer to you. For example, a person who lives near Houston, more than 150 miles from a San Antonio Spurs station's territory, might be blacked out from a game if the San Antonio television station networked the signal to a station in Houston.

Unfortunately, DIRECTV generally does not control blackouts of sporting events. The agreements to carry games produced by various leagues and associations, we are subject to clauses that keep us from carrying events near where the game is played, aired or broadcast locally. In addition, networks like ESPN and TNT have signed contracts with certain cable TV operators that prevent some events from being distributed by anyone else in their franchise area.

In some cases, if a game is blacked out from certain DIRECTV® channels, you may be able to see it on another DIRECTV channel, or on one of your local broadcast channels. We suggest that you refer to DIRECTV's website's sports section, which includes a detailed description of how blackouts work.

No I have never been blacked out from a Hawks game because I live way out in Houston and its not even close. I have been blacked out from Rockets games, but they always carry them on local TV regardless of whether or not they sell out, which they never do since their attendance was worst in the league last year.

I am just guessing that its about 60 games a year. I have had the league pass for (this will be my 4th year) and thats just the best guess I could come up with. I do know that they only show UP TO 35 out of market games a week and I know there are a lot more games per week in the league than that.

For example the first 7 days of the season this year there are 51 games being played. So that means that 16 of them wont be broadcast. There is a chance that 1 or even 2 of the Hawks games might not get shown, or they might show every one of the Hawks games over that period. Its just hard to tell.

like that. Like I showed a little bit ago, there are up to 50+ games per week being played and Directv only shows up to 40 games a week, accoring to their advertisment.

This is the link that will show month by month which games Directv will show on the League Pass, but they dont have any listed yet.

http://directvsports.com/NBALeaguePass/Season_Schedule/

So I dont know, its just very hard for me to believe (and from my own personal experiences the last few years with League Pass) that they will show that many games, but I hope I am wrong, believe me I do lol.

Your assumption seems to have merit however there is a fallacy you aren't considering. While I have no proof on this, much of the coverage is related to whether your team has television coverage. This is true since league pass doesen't produce their own coverage. As you see from the local list, almost all of our games our covered. This is a far cry from a few years ago. I am sure there are many teams that don't have near that coverage, so they might be eligible for less games. We can't assume all teams are on the same playing field for being shown. Also, I can think of no business situation where the hawks.com could profit from lying about the schedule. The fact that they do exclude some games suggests to me that it is real. If they were showing all or none, this would suggest rather it isn't updated. To show all but a few games suggests someone actually thought out the schedule before posting, likley it is correct.

Only the schedule will tell the truth, another good place to look is:

http://www.ppv.com/moviesandevents/viewPro...amp;prodId=4633

I live in Los Angeles. What I learned last year with NBA league pass is that if either team has local television coverage, than the hawks will be on NBA league pass. There were 3-4 games that were not televised becaused neither team had local coverage for that particular game.