Woody on the record about the officiating

DrReality

Well, I've watched alot of Hawks games this season (unfortunately only get to see the ones on SSN and TS) and I've got to admit the Hawks have been screwed countless times by bad calls. Sure they've had some go their way, but not near as many as have went the other way. Look at last night's game. You can't use the "Superstars" get the calls argument. Donta' drew what was obviously a charge w/ the ref standing right there watching and what does he call? Blocking against Donta'! That was just one example of how the calls have gone against the Hawks this year. The game against Portland in the first week of the seaon was yet another. There's so many examples and you gotta' know that's the toughest things for the players. Play good enough to win only to lose the game on a bad call(s)

• Premium Member

Quote:

Donta' drew what was obviously a charge w/ the ref standing right there watching and what does he call?

Donta is a young player, he got damn good position and drew the charge... even Kenny Smith and the other annoucer were speechless...

We just get no respect.

Crawford (I think is who had the ball for the Knicks) faked left and Donta never moved to his left so then Crawford comes back right and levels Donta. Obvious blown call. Surprised Donta didn't get a Technical called on him, because he was obviously upset w/ the call (and for good reason).