• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sacred cows and Scapegoats

tmac13

• Premium Member

Yeah, Weez. There's a reason for everything. Nothing happens without purpose or reason... Thanks for the philosophy lesson there.

Now, if you're saying I bring it upon myself, that's different than just a reason. Most of the time it's the one's who are not afraid to speak their minds are the ones assassinated by the ones who are too cowardly to speak theirs.

• Premium Member

It's "not hating" (I'm SOOO white) with Al, it's the reality that he's about to get paid too much for being such a limited player.

He was a bargain for what Knight got him for from Indy, but when he signs that $10M/year deal, he's not a bargain anymore...

• Premium Member

Quote:

I readily admit I think BK has thus far done a very poor job..I won't pretend anything else..Its hard to question draft picks most of the time because it is so hit and miss..However, a glaring mistake like Marvin over paul needs to be talked about..The reason it stands out so much is because it was a ego/vision driven pick..We had a clear need..Instead of filling that clear need we drafted another sf because of BK's long 6'8" filled team he invisions..Then we spent 70 million, 2 draft picks and a fair player away for a guy BK was determined to play out of position, simply because BK doesn't respect the need to fill positions..JJ is a very good player, I am glad we have him, but don't force him to play the point when he is a great 2..That makes no sense..We sacrafice wins for BK's ego.

We have played for long stretches this season extremely shorthanded with Tony Delk sitting inactive..Why?..Because Delk ticked BK off by picking up his option..Once again, we sacrafice wins for his ego..

I don't argue that BK has not brought in some talent..What I argue is he has passed up on other talented players that would have made us a much better team..I always read here where people say, we don't want to be competing for the 8th spot in the playoffs, we want to be competing for chamionships..Well, you have to crawl before you walk..Most teams don't go from bad to great overnight, there are small improvements along the way..One of the 1st steps is putting a complete team on the floor, and for some reason BK simply hasn't done that..Instead, he has loaded the team with young small forwards, which forces guys to eitherplay out of position or only get limited minutes because of the redundancy..

that is the whole problem in a nutshell! Good post TMac.

Quote:

Most of the time it's the one's who are not afraid to speak their minds are the ones assassinated by the ones who are too cowardly to speak theirs.

LOL. Sorry to burst your bubble but the reason this message board exists is that it is a place for people to speak their minds about the Hawks. That is the whole purpose of posting.

There isn't one person who posts here that is afraid to speak their mind.

• Premium Member

Can you find other players (SF/PF) on their 2nd contract or greater who scores 17/6 and pulls in less than 10 million??

Off the top of my head, the only one that comes close is Maggetee.

true enough, and you're welcome for the philosophy cliff notes.

there's a difference, and a fine line, between being argumentative/ throwing things out there for conversational purposes and promoting ideas and agendas simply to be 'controversial' or a 'new-wave' idealist.

• Premium Member

If you can't respect different viewpoints... what good is the messageboard?

I'm outspoken and I actually listen to everybody else's viewpoint without trying to label them as something different simply because they don't agree with mine...

How do you say...."new-wave' idealist". Come on man... just because my thoughts and your thoughts are different it doesn't mean that I'm some kind of foriegn alien with brain waves 2 degrees past center.

Quote:

I'm outspoken and I actually listen to everybody else's viewpoint without trying to label them as something different simply because they don't agree with mine...

You label people more than anyone I've ever encountered on any message board, and that's saying something. Just ask Luefan what he thinks about that.

but you often pass 'ideas' along that you don't actually agree or want to 'defend', simply to create chatter. You've admitted this yourself. With some of the tactics employed as of late, these would almost appear to be 'traps' by which to get someone else to say something that they will then later contradict.

you yourself have contradicted your own previous posts.

if you really want to get ot the 'gritty' of it though ~ your inability to admit, state, or otherwise reveal that any of your arguments are wrong is what's most annoying...

sometimes Diesel, even you can be wrong...

• Premium Member

Quote:

With some of the tactics employed as of late, these would almost appear to be 'traps' by which to get someone else to say something that they will then later contradict.

So now I have power to make people say what I want them to say..

Like How I made KB tell the lie that he was at the game between Butler/Perkins...

I got mind contol on KB!

That's funny to me weez... Now, back to reality...

I don't look to trap anyone. If I catch somebody not being honest, I might call them on it. I will defend my position and I will admit when I am wrong. Like suggest Denver was third in the west. I was wrong. I misread the standing on NBA.com...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Can you find other players (SF/PF) on their 2nd contract or greater who scores 17/6 and pulls in less than 10 million??

Off the top of my head, the only one that comes close is Maggetee

I'm not arguing that he isn't worth the money to someone in the NBA.

I'm saying he isn't worth that money to the Hawks.

you'll call them when contradictory, and amazingly so at that.

sometimes however, especially of late, I get hte feeling that you're posting certain 'thoughts' simply to lead someone else into said situation.

but hey, maybe that's just my perception.