• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al to Chicago.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Yeah, reflecting even more, I say it's a very fair trade...

Chandler hasn't done much of anything... but he could provide defense at our PF spot...

He's 5.4 ppg, 9.3 rpg... They'd be glad to get Al.. and still have money to get Nene..

try suggesting that to a chicago fan and watch them laugh in your face. They can sign Al for nothing, and then do what they want with chandler including trade him elsewhere. They can trade a lesser guy like Gordon for Al. But somehow they are going to trade us their young center that they just invested in. Not only that, they'll send us the overall #1 pick for the #5 pick just to make it easier on us? This is an absurd trade for chicago

• Premium Member

I think TC is not a C. He's big but he doesn't have the girth or the game of a C. You're talking about a guy trained as a Sf.

I would play him at PF because he rebounds and gives good help defense. Smoove also gives good help defense and would be a better match coming from the Sf spot...

The other thing is that Zaza can give some of the interior offense that we would miss without Al with his unorthodox spinaroni move...

I say if you play Zaza at C with Tyson... Zaza's flaws are not so evident.

• Premium Member

Seeing that it's really Al's choice.

Ask him which he prefers..

A SNT

or

to have Chicago sign him outright???

Just like we could have signed JJ outright last year... You notice that JJ pushed for a SNT...

But let's say it does become testy.

And Chicago is tempted to grab Al..

I don't think they do it.. First they have to overpay for him... secondly, they still have all these players undercontract. As far as trading Chandler, you're right... they could trade him... But for what? I doubt that Denver wants to take back that much for Nene otherwise they would just resign him...

I think when all the thinking is done, SNT for Al is the best way to go...

Nothing against Zaza, but I think Aldridge has a good bit more upside than Zaza. That said, I do think that Zaza's flaws on D would be FAR less evident playing alongside Chandler and Smoove in the frontcourt.

By the way, this is getting hilarious. CHI ain't sending us Chandler for Al when they can sign him outright. As for them getting Nene, if he is better than Chandler, why don't WE go after Nene instead of Chandler?

• Premium Member

Zaza was not brought here to be a PF of any kind. He was brought in to play C and he has done better than expected....

Sure on some other teams he would be a BU... But here, I think he is more suited to start at C than Say Tyson Chandlerr..

Basically, I don't see the buyer's remorse over resigning Tyson Chandler. They knew before they did it that he wasn't an offensive presence in the post. However, Tyson Chandler has an effect on the game. Chicago currently is 2nd in the NBA in rebounding margin. Tyson Chandler is a big reason for that edge in rebounding.

Would the Bulls love to get Al Harrington? Absolutely. He would give them the offensive presence in the post they are looking for right now. I don't see them giving up Tyson Chandler to do it though. They would be creating a hole to fill a hole.

Quote:

thought he was getting his starting Center of the future for only $4M a season...

Agreed...Zaza can be an important part of a very solid team. Just not likely a defensive stopper at center. I don't think he'd hurt us much rotating between BU center (mostly) and BU PF (some - when the matchup is decent).

Besides, it's not likely any team goes through a whole season injury free anymore. There will be plenty of playing time for him whether he begins the year as a starting big or not.

why would you rather have Dally? not that I think Cheeks is the best coach in the world, but something is definitely 'going on' when a player of Dally's 'caliber' has such a significant decline in minutes/starting as he's had this year. Sure, he gets blocks...but I know nothing of his 'true d' and he's got a major contract that he has shown no signs of earning this year...

maybe philly fan can give us more details (though I know he loves Dally).

• Premium Member

Quote:

Although no formal offer could be made, the Bulls were committed then to giving Curry a major contract extension. Negotiations broke down over a DNA test and the Bulls made the trade that will get them the Knicks' No. 1 draft pick this June and the right to swap first round picks in 2007. In the end, it certainly could benefit the Bulls.

But the Bulls likely would have extended Curry and probably would have held off on Tyson Chandler. When they realized they were going to lose Curry, they couldn't afford also to lose Chandler and gave him a big $63 million, six-year extension.
But because they also lost Antonio Davis in the deal, they effectively lost their frontcourt and now remain in a fight just to make the playoffs.

They likely will use the Knicks' draft pick on a big man and start over. Would Curry have made a difference? Would they have been able to build on their 47 victories from last season and have a more solid core? Would his presence have taken pressure off the other players, especially Chandler, who have struggled with more attention on them?

"My mind doesn't work that way," coach Scott Skiles said. "We're a different team now and we have to go on."